DH-SD8A840WA-HNF - PICS

Newbie1011

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am new to this forum, but is considering buying the Dahua SD8A840WA-HNF. However, I am not sure what accessories I should buy extra to have the camera run as smooth as possible - 20-25 fps (PoE+ injectoe, NVR or PoE midspan etc.). Any recommendations on this?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am new to this forum, but is considering buying the Dahua SD8A840WA-HNF. However, I am not sure what accessories I should buy extra to have the camera run as smooth as possible - 20-25 fps (PoE+ injectoe, NVR or PoE midspan etc.). Any recommendations on this?
If just use one camera, use the PFT1200 is good to go, very stable device for the hi-poe PTZ.

Reaction score

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
How much did you pay if you don’t mine me asking ?
It was about 1900. seems like it is a bit cheaper now but that is okay since I got it when it newly released :D

By the way --- It is raining today here.. So I had kind of a fog on the lens :D The wiper came really really handy to clean it.. here is a video in action on first few seconds you guys will notice like in middle of the screen its not that clear..

But after the wipe its really clean :D

Could not be more happy with this camera Thank you ANDY !!!! @EMPIRETECANDY

Thank you @pinko as well he also is always helpful when we both have questions we try to solve it sometimes together so thank you to a great community, Happy Holidays everyone !!

vidwiz

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the thread, pretty sure I'm buying this one. Plenty secure here but want to enjoy wildlife, weather, and some awesome wraparound views in detail.

1. Did you pay any tariffs?
2. Was it in fact the new poe switch that upped your frame rates? My 4k 100Mbps 30fps video files play just fine but I don't know anything about the native bit rate of this camera.
3. B&H has this for $2493, I'm considering the merits of paying more for 4 additional years of warranty on a device exposed to alternating Arizona Sunshine and Snow, any thoughts?

Last edited:

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for the thread, pretty sure I'm buying this one. Plenty secure here but want to enjoy wildlife, weather, and some awesome wraparound views in detail.

1. Did you pay any tariffs?
2. Was it in fact the new poe switch that upped your frame rates? My 4k 100Mbps 30fps video files play just fine but I don't know anything about the native bit rate of this camera.
3. B&H has this for $2493, I'm considering the merits of paying more for 4 additional years of warranty on a device exposed to alternating Arizona Sunshine and Snow, any thoughts?

1) I did buy Directly from Andy so did not pay any tariffs on receiving I am guessing he take cares of it somehow..
2) I think Definitely needed a new POE switch or the injector cause the one I was using earlier was HI-POE injector but 100 mbps only. Also My PC is old which blue iris is running on so rite now that has become the bottle neck.
3). About warranty I think Andy offers a pretty decent amount of warranty now not sure how many years I think two but again you might want to check with Andy on this.

Note- This camera will need HI-POE Injector

One thing I can say in the past I had to use Andy for one of my camera which was having some issue, He went above and beyond on getting that replaced even as far as having Dahua engineers remoting in and taking a look at it.

But again since it is a expensive camera I would ask any questions to him before you make your mind if you have any cocnerns. I hope it helps.

Reaction score
Wahoo, glad it worked for you @tech101
So I just got the DH-SD8A840WA-HNF. I bought it from Andy offcourse. He is superhelpful as always. The shipping was smooth. Will see if I can get to test the camera this weekend and post some videos if I get a chance. But I just wanted to share some pics here for it.. It is big camera..

Some of the details are as following.
View attachment 48902

View attachment 48903View attachment 48904View attachment 48905View attachment 48907

Sorry not the greatest pics. Will get some more time this weekend..

Reaction score
It was about 1900. seems like it is a bit cheaper now but that is okay since I got it when it newly released :D

By the way --- It is raining today here.. So I had kind of a fog on the lens :D The wiper came really really handy to clean it.. here is a video in action on first few seconds you guys will notice like in middle of the screen its not that clear..

Thank you @pinko as well he also is always helpful when we both have questions we try to solve it sometimes together so thank you to a great community, Happy Holidays everyone !!
You neighbors should chip in :p

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Brentwood, My neigbhors feel preety good actually but I am friends with them. However we have lot of break ins which happened so they don't mind it
Same where I live. My neighbors are all for it as it helps them too. They even come over from time to time to get some video. Also the "incidents" have dropped dramatically. We have had only one car door checker in maybe the last 10 months.

By the way I will be ordering this camera from Andy on January 10. Andy says it will take around 30 days.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Have you inquired as yet if there are replacements for the wiper blade available?

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
@Wildcat_1 Thank you so much ! Seems like the only Hi-POE gigabit injector which has worked with the DH-SD8A840WA-HNF

I did try several other brands of hi-poe injector and including my POE+ Switch nothing worked Except one of the 100 mbps hi-poe and this.

Thank you I was able to get the dahua one you recommended locally and it worked :D

View attachment 50212
Does not this camera come with a power injector?

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you inquired as yet if there are replacements for the wiper blade available?
No, I have not checked that with Andy yet. Since its pretty brand new and do not need it yet. However when I was installing I did take this into consideration and my placment of the camera and preset also try to keep the wiper out from directly getting exposed by sun.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
does the wiper come on by it self and how I know you can do it threw my nvr
Since I use blueiris, I have not find a way to do it yet directly from blueiris. However I can log on to the Camera directly and

1577910501251.png

Now is there a Auto Wiper function, Not sure.. But again it does not rain here that often either.. So I have not missed it yet. There might be one I have to take a look around and see

Same where I live. My neighbors are all for it as it helps them too. They even come over from time to time to get some video. Also the "incidents" have dropped dramatically. We have had only one car door checker in maybe the last 10 months.

By the way I will be ordering this camera from Andy on January 10. Andy says it will take around 30 days.

Nice Congratulations ! I love the camera its a beast.. And it can really give you clear crisp quality specially in the daytime :D

Does not this camera come with a power injector?
No, It does NOT come with any POE injector. also make sure this camera needs a HI-POE injector. Not just any POE

This is the Injector , I am using ..