DH-SD8A840WA-HNF - PICS

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Nice, was there a price diffrence between the DH-SD8A820WA-HNF and DH-SD8A840WA-HNF
I paid $1840 for the DH-SD8A820WA-HNF. So maybe $41 more. This was also a special order and not an on the shelf item. Andy said about 30 days. However the specifications are just mind boggling. I hope it performs as well as the specs say it should. :)

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
That is awesome ! Please share the night results when you get it up and thank you !
Will do. I already have the before pictures from the current 2MP Hikvision PTZ in that location. Here is one night picture with the current camera. Theoretically there should be almost 4 times more pixels in the picture with the Dahua 8MP camera for a much sharper picture.

Camera 6F 01112020.jpg.

Last edited:

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Nice seems like you have great lights, I do not have much light on my street it is very dark so it does have good picture but with low light it struggles with motion and everything.. at night in color even though it is a hell of a camera. But i think that is not camera fault it is just My street is very very dark...

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Lighting indeed will have an effect. There is a street light in the picture with the base between the side of the car and the flag.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Are the above captures with the PTZ1A225U-IRA-N ?
No, the picture is from this camera.
It is not a bad camera and it was better than the one it replaced. However the Dahua 8K should be better yet. This is probably the key camera out of all of them I have and that is why I am spending the money for the upgrade. From this camera location I have given the police and neighbors more video than all the others.

larryhagman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just found this thread when researching what Hi-PoE is. Glad I checked! I am about to buy one of these () - it has a W at the end of the model number. not sure what that means but I guess it's very similar to yours above. I have the choice of one of these for similar price - . I am assuming the first one is the better cam with 1/1.9" instead of 1/2.5". I want smart person tracking too, which I think only the first one has.

Am I right in thinking my HikVision NVR PoE ports won't power the camera? I could power it from a wall wart if needed, but hoped to have it powered over PoE. Any advice appreciated.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just found this thread when researching what Hi-PoE is. Glad I checked! I am about to buy one of these () - it has a W at the end of the model number. not sure what that means but I guess it's very similar to yours above. I have the choice of one of these for similar price - . I am assuming the first one is the better cam with 1/1.9" instead of 1/2.5". I want smart person tracking too, which I think only the first one has.

Am I right in thinking my HikVision NVR PoE ports won't power the camera? I could power it from a wall wart if needed, but hoped to have it powered over PoE. Any advice appreciated.
Nope, your nvr won't power it, you will need a HI-POE injector.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I just read on another forum that the Chinese factories are shutdown until March 1. My poor Dahua DH-SD8A820WA-HNF PTZ camera. Maybe I will get it at sometime in the later part of March. :(

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Quite a few have picked up on that and it doesnt want to die. I think a Senator is calling for an investigation on it formally now. It seems more plausible than the bat soup theory that has been discredited as the first cases appear to have been 30 days prior...

larryhagman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, I have been following this quite closely. Here is Senator Coton -
I personally struggle to believe it's a bio-weapon. With a 10% death rate, it's not much of a weapon. Imagine arming your troops with bullets which kill 1 in every ten people they hit. However, that's assuming the death rates are true, and I don't believe a single word that is slipped through the Great Firewall of China. But I still think its a low death rate for a weapon, as it's clearly not like Ebola, and it is very similar to flu.

My guess, if I had to guess, is that it is either a mistake, coming from the Wuhan lab which is the only one in China and within 20miles of the first known cases. Or if it is a deliberate weapon, that it's designed by the Commie govt of China to wipe out CHINESE people (as they have been trying to reduce population for eons). Interesting reading about the virus and how it seems to be far more deadly (and easier to contract) for Asians than for black or white people. That seems curious to me, could of course just be a complete coincidence.

In my view, it's worrying,but the virus doesn't worry me half as much as the economic implications of China's economy collapsing which is very possible (perhaps likely at this rate). In this ridiculously globalised financial system (ponzi scheme), if one card falls, they all fall. The charts (I trade stocks) for nearly a decade have suggested we should be having a financial meltdown as the essential components of strong economies have been missing for many years now, just propped up with BS fudging of figures, printing money, and tax-funded schemes to prop up the housing and car markets in western countries. I have been convinced for quite a few years now, that the financial system simply MUST have a hard reset soon, where debts are forgiven/expunged, and countries begin again by producing goods and bringing back real value to this bubble of value perceptions we call "currencies". For this reason, I think this virus (deadly or not) has a high probability of being the catalyst to a global crisis of proportions never seen before, and all it would take is one major global market to collapse. The rest then collapse. Runs on banks begin, people get angry, police step in but are outnumbered, they then use heavier handed tactics, which is returned by mass violence from the people, and so the real virus begins.... civil unrest/panic.

I studied the Argentinian financial meltdown of 2001, and that's precisely how it happened there. Within days of the first banks closing its doors to customers demanding their money, gangs were murdering and raping people randomly, the bankers flew off with cash in brief cases (from roofs of banks in some cases!) and it all went pop. That was an indigenous country with very few social/racial/religious divisions. I gravely fear for a society like my own, with a plethora of cultures/religions/races/languages. Sorry, call me a pessimist, but I don't see a moslem area running to help their Christian neighbours,. nor vice versa. Group interests/preferences kick in (as if they haven't already), and that's one more fact which makes me fear much more for a financial collapse than I would do otherwise. Time will tell. But that's my two (maybe three) cents, FWIW :)

(And if I said my desire for a new CCTV system with PTZ had nothing to do with Coronavirus, I would be lying.)

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Just noticed this. So after the PTZ reboot the camera has lost all the Marked PTZ presets.. does anyone know if there is something that I am missing ? Seems like All the presets I had was off after the camera went thru reboot last night..

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just noticed this. So after the PTZ reboot the camera has lost all the Marked PTZ presets.. does anyone know if there is something that I am missing ? Seems like All the presets I had was off after the camera went thru reboot last night..

The picture seems blurred ...??

BICK

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
The picture seems blurred ...??

BICK
It could be since the street is very dark this picture does not do justice it is like really really dark ... on the street.. I barely have any street light or light near my property only Lights I have is some porch lights.. thats why camera struggles thinking of even getting a 4/3 sensor also because of this :D But its not the camera it has more to do with the light :D

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score

Definitely out of focus. I have a Hikvision PTZ camera that will do this every now and then. I just zoom the camera out a little and then hit the home position. Goes back to the home position and in focus again.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Today I ask engineer to make a simple testing @Parley 's monster camera before shipping out, i have to say this camera is the best one we never see before! 20X zoom looks like better than the 40X zoom. Low light can do full color with extremly sharp pic. The only bad thing is too expensive!