New member here/first post. Been reading as much as I can the last few weeks and just recently installed my first system this weekend. I bought 2 2MP starlight cameras and an 8 channel POE NRV from Andy. Got everything installed this weekend and so far it's all working perfectly. Just have a couple questions on internet security.
- I have a WiFi router that I changed the admin/password on and made sure I have a strong WiFi password.
- Connected my Dahua NVR to my router, made a strong password, and set a static IP address for it. The 2 cameras plug directly into the NVR
- Installed PiVPN on a Raspberry PI 3+
- Setup OpenVPN on my android phone and tablet
- Use OpenVPN and tinycam pro to view my cameras when I'm not at home