Dirt cheap IP camera setup. Need DVR/app device

2Gunz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hiya!

Normally I dont do dirt cheap anything.... However my parents are looking to have their first camera setup and I dont want to scare them off.

They would like to have 4 cameras and they dont need to record (would be nice if they could however).

I plan on using these cameras, I have one and it seems pretty good for the price.
Amazon.com : SV3C Full HD 1080P Bullet Outdoor Security Camera Poe IP Camera, 1920X1080 Resolution, 20Meter Night Vision, IP66 Waterproof, Support Remote Viewed by Iphone, Andriod Phone, Pad and Windows PC : Camera & Photo

I have a good grasp on everything I need/want except for the DVR.

My first though was to just use a firestick and a camera app to view the feeds. However I really doubt that a firestick will do anything more than 1FPS with 4x 1080 cameras.

Anybody tried this?

DVR requirements..........

Support at least 4x 1080 IP cameras

Show the 4 Cameras at once on a TV in 1080 resolution.

Be very Easy to use.

Recording would be nice.

Be cheap!

Thank you in advance!

Chad

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
They are better off with nothing at all.

Dont you love your parents?

2Gunz

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been.

Im looking for an inexpensive DVR. Suggestions?

2Gunz

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok...

I have 2 Blue Iris setups (home, office) they are very nice and work extremely well. I would and do recommend them.

However I have $500 to make this happen for my parents.

I would appreciate a self contained inexpensive NVR recommendation that would work with the cameras listed.

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok...

I have 2 Blue Iris setups (home, office) they are very nice and work extremely well. I would and do recommend them.

However I have $500 to make this happen for my parents.

I would appreciate a self contained inexpensive NVR recommendation that would work with the cameras listed.

Thanks!
Then you dont have enough...buy a costco kit so you can easily return it when they are frustrated...if you think an NVR is easier to operate you are wrong...and please dont buy them those junk bullet cameras.
Honestly you are better off with a dahua starlight turret and an SD card for recording.

framednlv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How about just starting with 2 of the Dahua Starlight Turrets with SD cards? With POE power source and cabling you can still be under budget.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
$500 is plenty to get a solid setup of a few turret cameras and a POE NVR.

Since your parents don't really care about recording I'm guessing they also don't care about remote view, I'm also guessing they won't be screwing around with settings and updating firmware etc. So, you could go the AE route and get some Dahua or HIK Hardware and NVR for less than $500 all day long... Please realize fender is right - those cameras you referenced are junk.

Here is an 2MP HIK kit with NVR and 2TB HD for $375.
Aliexpress.com - Online Shopping for Electronics, Fashion, Home & Garden, Toys & Sports, Automobiles and more

This is older hardware 2mp and a 71XX NVR but if its not going to be online it's no big deal. Also these are going to be China cameras with multi language firmware but as long as you understand what I'm saying you should be fine (I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt because you understand and use BI, but then again you were going to buy your parents crappy cameras).

If you love your parents but are on a really tight budget I would at least do the following as long as you understand China Region hardware and it's limits.
Aliexpress.com - Online Shopping for Electronics, Fashion, Home & Garden, Toys & Sports, Automobiles and more

On your budget and requirements you honestly don't have many "great" options. Side note: I put an 8 Channel 7100 NVR in my grandparents place a few years ago with some 2MP LTS Turrets and Domes and it's worked great for them. My grandpa posts great pics to next door and Facebook about solicitors, random cars that drive by mult times, etc. I connected it to their main tv and my grandma said he gets up (4am-5am) and turned the cameras on to watch for the paper delivery :) They don't need remote monitoring and all the bells and whistles so the 7100 does just fine for them. I tossed an old 1TB Red drive I had laying around so they get a few weeks of recording too. They insisted on paying so I told them I got it on a daily deal for $100... It's your parents, spend $600 and charge them $400.

Last edited: