Disappearing Van

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Usually it is a crap camera at night that exhibits that. Not naming any cameras LOL.

Could be a graphics driver conflict or a very whacked out setting on the camera like extreme differences in FPS and iframes coupled with H265 or the VMS not liking the codec being used in the camera.

Post your camera settings and let's see if we see something out of whack.

OBXJeepGuy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The cameras are Amcrest IP8M-2496EB. I also should have posted the info below. I wouldn't have any idea how to put up the camera settings.

Operating System
Windows Server 2019 Standard 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i5 10400 @ 2.90GHz 125 °F
Comet Lake 14nm Technology
RAM
32.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1330MHz (19-19-19-43)
Motherboard
ASRock B560M-HDV (CPUSocket) 112 °F
Graphics
ELCFW329 (1360x768@59Hz)
Intel UHD Graphics 630 (ASRock)
Storage
2794GB Western Digital WDC WD30PURZ-85AKKY0 (SATA ) 87 °F
232GB Western Digital WDC WDS250G2B0C (Unknown (SSD))
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio
Intel Display Audio

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looks like the van disappear or cloaked only when moving, maybe change video encoding to H.264 if you are using H.265 or H.265+ and disable Smart codec too. And test yourself by running or driving in front of the camera and see if that fix the problem. I really thought it was Reolink camera until you mention Amcrest in the next post.:D

OBXJeepGuy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
They are set up with H.264. Not sure about smart codec. I’ll have to look. Also I am recording direct to disk without encoding.

Reaction score
Kind of looks like the NOISE REDUCTION GHOSTING issue in @wopi82 post:

Keyboard

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I may be way off, but it definitely looks as though some chromakey (aka, green screen) is happening with the video.

The most common chromakey colors are green, blue, and red. It's not erasing the color green because the grass and vegetation remain as is. I suspect, some shade of blue or blue-grey is being operated on.

The chromakey effect only appears (disappears?) when the van is at certain angles, and thus, sending a color altered by the sunlight back to the camera.

Check the settings to see how the camera is recording the image. Also, check any software you may be using for post-processing the raw footage.

OBXJeepGuy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Okay, so it also does it with a black car. So far, no setting changes as I haven't had a chance to get to it.

OBXJeepGuy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Check the settings to see how the camera is recording the image. Also, check any software you may be using for post-processing the raw footage.
This is being recorded straight to disk with no encoding. This appears like this even during the "preview" (if you will).