Disappointing - RESOLVED!

Discussion in 'EmpireTech Andy' started by usernameismyusername, Jun 10, 2018.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. usernameismyusername

usernameismyusername n3wb

I'm truly disappointed.

From seeing all of the recommendations on here for Andy I thought I wouldn't have any issues but unfortunately I was wrong.

I had bought one IPC-HDW5231R-ZE to test the water so to speak to see if I had any issues. I specifically asked for IPC-HDW5231R-ZE as I knew the IPC-HDW5231R-Z was being discontinued and I didn't want a non-uniform setup of cameras.

One week later and I receive the camera with no issues.

So after testing the water and not having and problems I decided to finish the rest of my order - 5 more IPC-HDW5231R-ZE.

One week later and I receive the wrong cameras. 5 IPC-HDW5231R-Z instead of IPC-HDW5231R-ZE.

As I said earlier I didn't want a non-uniform set of cameras so I raised it with Andy to either replace the 5 Z with ZE or replace the 1 ZE with Z. From my emails to him he's 'so sorry for the troubles' but so far hasn't made any attempt to resolve the issue.

2. mat200

mat200 Known around here

Hi Username,

I'm certain Andy will assist you on this, as I have seen him do so with others here.

Note - I actually like the older style better myself as I feel the face is stronger vs vandals and it is easier to paint to better match the trim of your house.

3. SmarthomeIP

SmarthomeIP n3wb

Don't worry, he will sort it out, nothing is better when someone want to fix the problem

4. EMPIRETECANDY

EMPIRETECANDY IPCT Vendor

Yes, i am thinking a way for this problem. Because the R-Z no stock anymore. How about send you a HDW2231R-ZS and you guys keep the wrong HDW5231R-ZE as a gift?

5. EMPIRETECANDY

I never said will not change or replace for you. I sent you an email for the solutions, just select which one is good for you. We shipped wrong ones to US before, easy sorted after communications.Always make guys happy.

6. pal251

pal251 Getting the hang of it

I'll buy the one you don't want if you want to sell it cheap... :)

7. Barboots

Barboots Getting the hang of it

Yeah I'll buy a couple of them

8. SantiagoDraco

SantiagoDraco Getting the hang of it

You are disappointed that you received the wrong product and you act like Andy has just ignored you... but you give no timelines nor any real details. Has this been weeks since you informed Andy of the issue? Months? Days? You do realize Andy isn't Amazon and is overseas so correcting issues might not be instant, correct?

It appears that you really haven't given Andy a reasonable amount of time nor did you tell him what you wanted done.

SkyLake likes this.
  9. SkyLake

SkyLake Pulling my weight

Plus he does not react to any of Andy's messages to compensate the troubles. If the OP starts a thread where he complains about a service, then he could at least answer!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    m4paws, looney2ns and rufunky like this.
  10. japjoe7

japjoe7 Getting the hang of it

wow...Andy is such a good guy, he goes above and beyond for his customers!

looney2ns, anijet and mat200 like this.
  11. EMPIRETECANDY

I Will send him a hdw2231r-zs as free on Tuesday to keep all cams watching same, because the hdw5231r-z not available anymore. This is our mistake.no big problem .

hmjgriffon, Mike, Q™ and 7 others like this.
  12. m4paws

m4paws n3wb

I've never dealt with Andy before, that sure sounds like great customer service to me.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

13. John V

John V n3wb

I've purchased from Andy a few times before.

No problems here and quick turn around.

I'm sure if you give him another chance to resolve the issue he will

14. Fastb

Fastb Known around here

Bad reviews travel ten times faster than good reviews.
    @usernameismyusername threw a complaint after a very short period of time, and hasn't been seen on his thread since.
    And he hasn't participated in the thread since.
    I'd like to see this thread deleted, unless we hear from the OP.
    Unless we'd like to have a Yelp-Like forum with false "reviews", debates, slander, and debates by people with a personal axe to grind.

Unless we hear from @usernameismyusername, I propose this thread be removed. It's unbalanced, unfair, and not in the spirit of a fair balanced forum....

Fastb
    PS: I've purchased from Andy, and was 100% pleased with the camera and the experience.

looney2ns and Q™ like this.
  15. anijet

anijet Getting the hang of it

The other side is if the thread stays people can see how Andy takes care of his customers.

I bought 4 pieces using Pay Pal and it was easy and fast. Will do it again when I'm ready for more cameras. May try his Amazon store next time.

16. EMPIRETECANDY

Thanks Guys support,

We know @usernameismyusername concerns, most guys will be disappoint if the seller send the wrong items. We ask him to keep the wrong cam and ship another new cam for him as a gift, normally need little time to make things sorted. Always try to solve the problem fast.
    Andy

17. Bubs

Bubs Young grasshopper

Andy has always treated me right! I had a IPC-HFW5231E-Z stop working I shipped it back to him he had Dahua repair it and he shipped it back at his cost :) In my book in the case of Andy you get what you pay for he stand behind his products (he cost a little more but well worth it)

GaryFunk and robnpat like this.
  18. EMPIRETECANDY

Sure,we always try to do as good as the local support. Just need little time and patient.

looney2ns likes this.
  19. marku2

marku2 Getting comfortable

And this is why we buy from overseas with sellers who help and care,
    Well Nelly’s help there customers in the USA too.
    But here down under your on your own if something goes wrong :(
    Dvs in wales.
    Eric northern security in England.
    My engine oil supply just went up 5% I buy a lot of it,
    My supplier was worried I would get annoyed and go elsewhere
    No that’s fine I replied,the service you give and how you go about you business I am happy to pay the small extra cost.

japjoe7, looney2ns and EMPIRETECANDY like this.
  20. usernameismyusername

Woah. The hostility in this thread is unreal. People have lives outside of the internet hence someone might not reply from one day, a week or a month to the next.

On the subject of a fair and balanced forum everything can't be positive I'm afraid and fair and balanced is exactly that - people get to voice their concerns. To insinuate that I am posting false reviews or slander would be totally incorrect after all you have to remember that I was disappointed with my experience. Imperative word emboldened. I can only provide a review of my experience and that's what I did. To paint a certain picture by removing a thread goes against exactly what you are looking to accomplish; a fair and balanced forum.

Whilst you may have had a 100% experience with Andy I had a disappointing service with him at that time. Andy even confirms this. That doesn't mean to say that I don't think he isn't a great guy and not once have I said that he isn't a great guy.

Now with that out of the way and provide a positive end to all of this I'd like to thank Andy for resolving the issue by sending me a good will gesture. This shows that he does genuinely care about the custom he receives. Aside from the wrong cameras I received all of them work and have no issues. I believe Andy tests all cameras before he sends them out and I can definitely vouch for that, so great work Andy!

What's more is that Andy will respond at midnight China time so either Andy sleeps during the day or doesn't sleep at all but regardless he's committed to his customers and his midnight emailing sprees are evidence of this.

Now, if I wasn't happy with the resolution I wouldn't have purchased from Andy again and considering I have purchased from Andy since I opened this thread I think that says it all. In fact I could have purchased my latest order elsewhere for slightly cheaper but I didn't simply because I know Andy will resolve any issues.

Would I recommend Andy to a friend or anyone on here? Most definitely especially since he done what he done for me. Unfortunately I have everything I need for my setup now and I don't think I need to buy from Andy again which is a shame but if I need to buy something else he'll be the first person I ask.

Thanks Andy and keep up the great work.

EDIT - Thread titled amended to indicate that Andy has resolved this issue.

21. Q™

Q™ Known around here

A5682155-6747-4609-8E70-753B33C4DBE7.jpeg

Fastb and Bigwrench40 like this.
  22. Fastb

Fastb Known around here

[​IMG]
    You lobbed a complaint, and disappeared.
    A "Forum" requires interaction, especially if posting negative stuff. A fair dialogue should follow on this interactive forum.
    47 days later, you re-surface. And are surprised by the reaction to your very negative initial post.
    We're mean! We're negative! Wah, wah, wah!

The forum has helped you in the past with your request to Critique my design.
    The forum replied quickly too, within days. Including my lengthy email guidance.

So if you think it's okay to wait 47 days after posting something negative, and don't like the forum, then don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

PS: It's good you finally set the record straight about your "Disappointing Experience"

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    Kubi, japjoe7, CliveS and 3 others like this.
  23. hmjgriffon

hmjgriffon Known around here

I've got 4 starlight turrents and a ultra bullet, plus a PTZ that has been running for a while, the ultra bullet died and andy paid to ship it back to him and sent me another, nothing but good experience.

looney2ns, EMPIRETECANDY and marku2 like this.
  24. EMPIRETECANDY

Welcome back buddy! @hmjgriffon

hmjgriffon likes this.
  25. hmjgriffon

hmjgriffon Known around here

Great to be back haha, trying to be more active, see you have an Amazon store, that's awesome.

26. usernameismyusername

Again, just like the insinuations you made earlier in this thread, those are assumptions that you're making. I never said anyone was mean nor did I say I didn't like the forum. In fact I'm very appreciative of the help I've received thus far.

I do indeed, yes. Why? Because people have lives, responsibilities, issues maybe even health issues to deal with outside of the internet which sometimes mean that they're otherwise preoccupied that they cannot sign into a forum for 47 days.

Could have been worse I suppose I could have not responded at all.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  27. Interpon

Interpon Getting the hang of it

28. fenderman

fenderman Staff Member

right you were soooo busy that you didnt have a chance to login and set the record straight. BULLSHIT. Were you in a coma? Just admit you are either a) a lazy ass or b) used this thread as leverage over Andy. Ill venture b. Im sure you found time to email andy, open and test your new cams...but not time to post on the forum...suuurre.

29. Fastb

Fastb Known around here

@usernameismyusername ,
    You're a newbie. So the forum will cut you some slack. And as you said, you're really busy.

@usernameismyusername: you threw a shit bomb, with your original post (OP), then walked away from your OP.
    That's lame.

You, as an OP, have a responsibility to check on replies to your Post. You posted it, right? Checking in, 47 days later, is lame, lame, lame. Plz don't ever post again, if a 47 day response is too much to ask,

As you said, you have: "responsibilities, issues maybe even health issues to deal with outside of the internet"

If you wanna post NEW THREADS such as "I'm Truly Disappointed", then please stay in touch with replies. Or don't be an OP.

@usernameismyusername
    Instead of telling us we're "hostile", step back. This forum has been here a long time. You joined 3 months ago.

The feedback to your OP should be considered. To dismiss as "hostile" lets you off the hook. The feedback was genuine, and based on your OP. Maybe you're not a match to this forum.

Again, don't let the door hit you in the ass as you leave.

Fastb

Kubi likes this.
  30. Q™

Q™ Known around here

This is cutting a newbie some slack?

I don't know what it is, but I don't wanna see no more!

Fastb likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.