DMSS Messages don't show pre record when SmartPSS does

Jaykay

n3wb
Reaction score
Have a 5232 NVR -- pre record set to 8 seconds. Using mainstream for IVS intrusion detection events set at 3MP.

On SmartPSS playback from NVR is perfect every single time on every IVS event and the pre record is there. It looks perfect.

On DMSS on iOS, message notification is realtime and playback plays just fine. But no pre-record -- so the message almost always misses the lead up to the event or just gets the very end of the event.
On DMSS if I go to Playback, select my dates, look at the IVS event -- the pre record is also never there.

It is like DMSS and the DMSS messages have their own stream source that doesn't respect the pre-record? And DMSS playback has nothing to do with what is stored in the NVR?

Any insight or ideas? Appreciated

Have tried:
Changing mainstream or substream for playback. doesn't matter.
Changing ME/Settings/Video Duration in Message from 10s to 30s. doesn't matter

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Jaykay

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you

I did read that but his problem was he couldn't even get the pre-record to work on SmartPSS. Upgrading NVR firmware is also a last resort

Davahad

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have a 5232 NVR -- pre record set to 8 seconds. Using mainstream for IVS intrusion detection events set at 3MP.

On SmartPSS playback from NVR is perfect every single time on every IVS event and the pre record is there. It looks perfect.

On DMSS on iOS, message notification is realtime and playback plays just fine. But no pre-record -- so the message almost always misses the lead up to the event or just gets the very end of the event.
On DMSS if I go to Playback, select my dates, look at the IVS event -- the pre record is also never there.

It is like DMSS and the DMSS messages have their own stream source that doesn't respect the pre-record? And DMSS playback has nothing to do with what is stored in the NVR?

Any insight or ideas? Appreciated

Have tried:
Changing mainstream or substream for playback. doesn't matter.
Changing ME/Settings/Video Duration in Message from 10s to 30s. doesn't matter
Check this thread

Jaykay

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks @Davahad it looks like DMSS is still not respecting the pre-record and therefore waiting an NVR firmware update in your estimation?

Davahad

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY Adding in Andy. From his previous replies sounds like he would ask but seemed likely was not going to happen.