Downgrade Hikvision Camera

Jacklin

n3wb
Reaction score
I want to downgrade Hikvision camera from v5.2.8 to v5.2.3.
Both though WEB GUI and tftp are failed,any idea?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
What model of camera and what error message?
There are multiple regional sources for the same version of firmware - which (without any tricks) will only be accepted by a camera its compatible with.
What was the zip filename of the firmware and its source eg IPC_R0_EN_STD_5.2.3_141024.zip
And the language and region of the camera, from 'prtHardInfo' at the camera command prompt, and the 4 letters in the middle of the serial number.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can easily downgrade to 5.2.3 using TFTP which forces that firmware on. The camera will have 5.2.3 on it but will not work at all. If you want, you can also downgrade to 5.2.0, 5.1.6, 5.1.2 and so on if your goal is to brick your camera.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You can easily downgrade to 5.2.3 using TFTP which forces that firmware on. The camera will have 5.2.3 on it but will not work at all. If you want, you can also downgrade to 5.2.0, 5.1.6, 5.1.2 and so on if your goal is to brick your camera.
Unless you know the hack that one of my Chinese suppliers knows. They somehow managed to get 5.2.8 units downgraded to 5.2.0 with full English. I tried to downgrade myself and it didn't work. Had to TFTP up to 5.2.5 to get it back to working and took several tries to get it to accept as the unit kept rebooting every few seconds, effectively interrupting the process