Download is frozen, cameras going on and off

Reaction score
My cameras have been going on and off (No Signal detected) ever since it started trying to download an update. Whenever I try to manually update, it says: "The update is already being downloaded"

My current version is: 4.4.8.4 x64

It's been stuck like this for 2 days:
Downloading software update (4864K/38300K)
I was thinking of just reinstalling but I'm not sure if it will remove any settings or if I'd have to reconnect all of the cameras manually again, or if it might remove all of my recordings.

Not sure what to do. Can't find anyone else with this problem.

EDIT: I might also try downgrading to 4.4.7 but I'm not sure how? Can't find any older version downloads.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My cameras have been going on and off (No Signal detected) ever since it started trying to download an update. Whenever I try to manually update, it says: "The update is already being downloaded"

My current version is: 4.4.8.4 x64

It's been stuck like this for 2 days:

I was thinking of just reinstalling but I'm not sure if it will remove any settings or if I'd have to reconnect all of the cameras manually again, or if it might remove all of my recordings.

Not sure what to do. Can't find anyone else with this problem.

EDIT: I might also try downgrading to 4.4.7 but I'm not sure how? Can't find any older version downloads.
Never update from within blue iris. Shut it down and use the update file from the website.

Reaction score
Never update from within blue iris. Shut it down and use the update file from the website.
I did this and it fixed the download freeze problem but my cameras are still constantly freezing and unfreezing.

The timer will stop for about 30 seconds and then the camera will unfreeze for about 2-4 seconds and then it will freeze again for another 30.

I've tried 4.4.9 and 4.4.7, both still the same problem. I've tried restarting the cameras, enabling/disabling them too. Same problem.