DS-2CD2131-I Keeps rebooting when I change from original ports

kccustom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have 2 DS-2CD2131-I and several other things on my network so I change ports on just about everything.

Anyway when I change the ports on my DS-2CD2131-I I can find it on the network with SADP but every time I try to access it it causes the camera to reboot.

I am using Firmware V5.2.0 build 140721, has anybody else had this problem?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! What ports are you using, what ip address.

kccustom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My internal 192.168.1.13
HTTP Port 8184
RTSP Port 8185
HTTPS Port 8186
Server Port 8187

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
How do you know that the camera is rebooting? Does it happen as soon as you enter 192.168.1.13:8184 ?

kccustom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After I change the port and try to access it (with the new port number) it times out and disappears from SADP then after a min or so it shows back up.

The only thing I can think it is, is my Google Fiber router hates it, this camera does its own NAT and I think it confuses the router I haven't been brave enough to try it again since I have it mounted.

I had to use an old router and make a little mini network to access it again, hell after typing that it has to be my google router since I can access it on the different network.

Also, what is the server port for?

Last edited by a moderator:

kccustom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am having the darndest time getting the http and rstp ports changed on my cameras this is what is happening.

When I first install a camera it has all the standard ports open 80 for http 554 for RSTP etc. the problem comes when I change the port.

What happens after I set the port to anything else the camera reboots till it becomes inaccessible, I open the ports in the router like every other device I access on my network but these cameras seem to hate something in my google fiber network box.

I sent an email to google and all they could say was the standard do you have the ports forwarded in your router response.

I can sometimes ping the camera when it wont show up on the SADP program but soon that stops responding too, I have my old router set up so I can change the ports back to standard and every thing will work, on the old router I can put any port and it works.

I am lost because I don't know the right question to ask, is it a router problem or a camera problem? It sounds like a router problem to me but it could be a simple camera setting pissing off the router, if any body can point me to a starting point I would be very greatfull.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well i think we can confirm that its a router issues if it works fine with the old router...also make sure you have port mapping disabled in the camera network settings.

kccustom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I agree it is something in the router I am hoping to find a configuration in the camera that the router will allow, you mention port mapping in the camera settings, do you think I could use that to my advantage?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Im saying to disable the port mapping if you enabled it.

kccustom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Its disabled still no joy, when it disappears from the network I can telnet into it but soon as I log in it crashes, google wont give me a way to look at the routers logs.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Just for kiks, try a different port range in the 9000's or something..maybe its having an issue with one of the ports you are using..

kccustom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well we can cross that one off the list, 9001 - 10800 still no joy.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
So are you confirming it's the router that's crashing, not the camera, when you are configuring the camera with those specific ports?
Presumably if there are other devices attached to the router, you lose connectivity to them, as well as the camera.

Does the router have any ability to send its logs to a syslog server, to maybe capture something just before it crashes?

kccustom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Camera is crashing not the router, every thing connected to the router works with the exception of the camera that I try to change the port on. the default ports work fine and I can connect them to blue iris I just cant change the ports so I can access the cameras individually outside of my network.

I am using a google fiber router and to say it is lacking features of a normal router is an understatement.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If you are using blue iris, then why do you need to port forward the camera itself? Just you the blue iris sever...its more secure than the camera interface.

kccustom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you are using blue iris, then why do you need to port forward the camera itself? Just you the blue iris sever...its more secure than the camera interface.
Because I am using other programs on my iphone (homeautomation stuff) that need direct access to the camera itself plus I want to let my neighbor view one and direct access to the camera is the most reliable.

That and I cant stand something that is supposed to be so simple not working.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You might try only forwarding the media port and the rtsp port..the apps might not need the http port (at least i dont think they do)..the hikvision mobile app does not...
As far as the neighbor you can put the one camera in a group and only allow access to the group..the neighbor can use ipcamviewer free to view the camera..

I totally understand trying to figure it out, i would do the same thing...its probably some really simple....try resetting the camera to factory and starting over..

n4gry

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just my 2 cents worth...
itach 8184 tcp Remote iTach Connection [Barend_Jacobus_van_d] [Barend_Jacobus_van_d] 2010-04-27
itach 8184 udp Remote iTach Connection [Barend_Jacobus_van_d] [Barend_Jacobus_van_d] 2010-04-27
8185-8190 Unassigned
limnerpressure 8191 tcp Limner Pressure [Aaron_Kleinsteiber] [Aaron_Kleinsteiber] 2014-01-16

Information from IANA.org and they assign the numbers...

https://www.iana.org/assignments/service-names-port-numbers/service-names-port-numbers.txt

Have a good day....

kccustom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just my 2 cents worth...
itach 8184 tcp Remote iTach Connection [Barend_Jacobus_van_d] [Barend_Jacobus_van_d] 2010-04-27
itach 8184 udp Remote iTach Connection [Barend_Jacobus_van_d] [Barend_Jacobus_van_d] 2010-04-27
8185-8190 Unassigned
limnerpressure 8191 tcp Limner Pressure [Aaron_Kleinsteiber] [Aaron_Kleinsteiber] 2014-01-16

Information from IANA.org and they assign the numbers...

https://www.iana.org/assignments/service-names-port-numbers/service-names-port-numbers.txt

Have a good day....
We tried a bunch of different ports, nothing worked I am not giving up but I can actually use the cameras just not get the ports changed at the moment so I am going to keep experimenting and trying to get google to figure out why their router is so selective.

Thanks everybody I will post back after I figure it out.

I just noticed that what ever port I open in my router is still actually not open or inaccessible from the outside what I am unable to figure out is if it is the way the camera changes ports or the way the router sees the changed ports.

Last edited by a moderator:

kccustom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For now I am giving up on changing ports on the cameras, I just got the NVR (Hikvision DS-7716NI-SP/16 from Nelly's) and I can do everything I wanted to do.

Funny thing is while messing with all of this I really started to like Blue Iris, its only money right?