DS-2CD2135FWD-IS product issues

JNJong

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Need help or advice for this model. It came with firmware 5.4.0 but later upgraded to 5.5.0.

I don't quite understand with MAX and MIN SIZE. By default after save it will put the MAX SIZE unless you had cleared and select it by MIN SIZE. The manual is very limited with details of what correspond with the MAX and MIN SIZE couple with Percentage. Appreciate someone can share some info on this.

At this point, I've set it as MAX SIZE for Intrusion Detection and Line Detection but Intrusion Detection percentage is at 60% while Line Detection is at 35%. Would this work to detect human activity here?

Thanks,

bamix

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
To be of any use this Camera may be need to be linked to an NVR with similar properties in firmware.

Check this thread and also this thread...

It may take some experimenting within the view of the Camera to come up with a setting that suits your purpose.

JNJong

n3wb
Reaction score
To be of any use this Camera may be need to be linked to an NVR with similar properties in firmware.

Check this thread and also this thread...

It may take some experimenting within the view of the Camera to come up with a setting that suits your purpose.
Hi Bamix,

I not opt for a NVR yet however, I'm using IVMS4200 server to control all my ip cams for now. The only problems, I am trying to understand for EVENT such as Intrusion Detection and Line Detection, what's the correct method to apply the MAX or MIN. Size with percentage?

Appreciate if anyone can shade some light on here or some more samples snapshots of settings would be great help.

Thanks.

bamix

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
JNJong, have a look at this thread again and check posts by Fastb in particular.

I haven't set it up as it does not suit the purpose of my application but you will need to apply some trial and error.

It is not an exact science, so first select Min and then draw a rectangle and then select Max and draw another rectangle and save. The Camera will then look for an object moving within the image that is between those dimensions.
So if you make the Min box larger than say a cat and the Max box smaller than or equal to a door then a person walking past should trigger a recording. Smaller items like birds or falling leaves and larger items like cars or trucks should then be ignored so the number of recorded events can be minimised.

Perhaps you could give it a try and post your results here as it may be helpful for others, especially if it is found to be compatible with iVMS-4200 version.