Ds-2cd2145f-is

b166erobot

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are you sure you're not 2 different hardware platforms mixed up?:

- 2xx2 5.2.5 (has mic in & line in)
- 2xx5 5.3.6 (only line in)

I don't think the 2xx5 hardware supports mic in, only line in. It's not a firmware issue.
and about nas work in cifs ?
on the Chinese website is the 5.4.0 firmware I test to update. And later use ivms for configuration

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have installed the camera this evening and so far so good :)

However i am having trouble setting up emails.

If i use E-mail Encryption SSL or TLS the camera will send emails. However if i choose E-mail Encryption None it will not send emails.

What is the best option please?

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks like i spoke too soon with this camera.

Woke up this morning and no picture from 4:30ish.

I did bench test this camera for nearly a week with no problem but last night i did have trouble getting the camera online. Cat5e tested all ok but I remade both ends of the cat5e cable twice which resulted in eventual success. All seemed ok until this morning.

Now when i try to log into the camera i get "Abnormal Network". A quick check on google and this seems a common problem with a hard reset being the best cure. I ain't getting my ladders out again today so i have tried depower/repower with mixed results. Eventually with a lot of F5 refreshes i have accessed the camera again and managed to turn off all the events and mails notifications. All seemed ok again for awhile so i turned motion back on.
I then logged using the ivms-4500 app and the fluent stream is kak. I tried to change the custom settings and i am back to square one. The camera seems to freeze and i get the "abnormal network message". F5 refreshes and the login screen does appear but once logged everything freezes and drops off line. Not showing in SADP either then reappears.

As the Cat5 test ok and i have made both ends of twice is Cat6 needed for a 4Mp camera?

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
cat6 shouldn't be needed.

Though if bench test means it was solid before being deployed at the end of a long network cable, and now it isn't suggests the camera is OK. How long was it OK before putting it on the wall? Was it poe powered then also on the same switch as before?

Does the camera reset (the log should show when it powers on) when problems are abound? Could point to a poe problem.

Or you could to a rapid ping test for sometime to get an idea of network connectivity reliability.

Or maybe now it's deployed a setting change has made it unreliable? Could try resetting back to defaults. (I don't mean TFTP which would make it Chinese).

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok i'm back in.

I'm using a 3A in line psu. Voltage = 12.26v I've tried a different psu that i know is fine as it powers my other camera and the result was the same.

I cannot find the camera log in V5.4.0!! Easy on 5.2.5 but god knows on this.

I've turned all events off, rebooted and it seems stable. Time will tell.

Attachments

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have installed the camera this evening and so far so good :)

However i am having trouble setting up emails.

If i use E-mail Encryption SSL or TLS the camera will send emails. However if i choose E-mail Encryption None it will not send emails.

What is the best option please?
Everything is fine until i enable email and this is when it all goes tits up.

Any ideas?

Where is the log in V.5.4.0??

Attachments

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Use SSL for Gmail
Jeez all that hassle because i selected TSL instead of SSL :sentimental:

Cheers Del Boy all is working like a charm at the moment, hope it stays that way.

Btw how you getting on with your new camera?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Jeez all that hassle because i selected TSL instead of SSL :sentimental:

Cheers Del Boy all is working like a charm at the moment, hope it stays that way.

Btw how you getting on with your new camera?
Still in box, hopefully will fit tomorrow. Might be good, might be complete rubbish. Looks identical to my 2032s.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I was talking of the 5MP Hik 2052, but I do have a few new toys here too to play with. Need more time!

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was talking of the 5MP Hik 2052, but I do have a few new toys here too to play with. Need more time!
Ok mate. Be great to hear how you get on with it :)

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ok mate. Be great to hear how you get on with it :)
Raining today so had a lazy Sunday. Hopefully have some time this week to get up the ladder and install it.

Have no idea what I'm going to use it for!

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Raining today so had a lazy Sunday. Hopefully have some time this week to get up the ladder and install it.

Have no idea what I'm going to use it for!
Lol i'll have it of you if you don't want it mate.

This DS-2CD2145-IS is proving to be nothing but a pain in the a$$.

Day image is outstanding.
Night image is poor. Less noise than my 3MP DS-2CD2032F-I but very dark. I'm regretting buying a dome camera at the moment my bullet camera has been solid since day one.

The camera seemed all good last night but this morning no image again.
I've managed to get the thing back online by de-power/re-power. Disabled all events and email notifications which seemed to be causing many Local: Abnormal Shutdowns.
It has since been fairly stable but for 44 Network Disconnected this afternoon/evening.

Think i will try and re cable and source another psu as i'm not using poe.

Doin my head in i tells ya.

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't have those problems with my 5.4.0 2xx5 - though it's true I don't use email notifications.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My DS-2CD2032-I isn't the best camera. It was my first decent camera, my first Hikvision before I knew about firmware etc. I have some special cameras now but it will take something super special to get rid of it. Yes it's a bullet and has the occasional spider attack, yes the night-vision isn't as good as other cameras I have but it has never ever ever let me down and is as good as I need.

Re cable and new psu is a good idea. Do you have a 12V 1.5A or 2A?

If you restore camera to default will it go into Chinese? I haven't researched these ones yet.