Ds-2cd2145f-is

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have some special cameras now
Like what?

Re cable and new psu is a good idea. Do you have a 12V 1.5A or 2A?

If you restore camera to default will it go into Chinese? I haven't researched these ones yet.
12v 3A @ first now using the 12v off my intruder alarm with the same results.

No idea what will happen if i default.

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Everything is fine until i enable email and this is when it all goes tits up.

Any ideas?

Where is the log in V.5.4.0??
It is definately email notification that is causing the problem.

All events + email notification turned off and the camera is fine apart from occasional "network disconnected" (separate issue i guess)

Motion event on + email notification turned off and the camera is fine apart from occasional "network disconnected" (separate issue i guess)

Motion event on + email notification turned on and the camera crashes/freezes - network abnormal.

I know the email account is fine as it is used by a different camera with no problems.

Is Gmail the only mail account that works with Hikvision?

*edit with images disabled the motion/email works fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok i am still having trouble with this camera.

However the email problem is temporarily solved with Hikvision no longer being compatible with Gmail. Hopefully this will be resolved.

However the main problem i am having is approx 100 "Exception" alerts a day with minor breaks in recording. I have now discovered that the exception alerts are being caused bu the SD card i have installed. This is the SD card:

https://www.7dayshop.com/products/grixx-micro-sd-sdxc-memory-card-class-10-includes-full-size-sd-card-adapter-128gb-WH2-GRMSDA128GBXCCL10

I thought it would be ok as it is class 10 but appears not.

Any opinions on this SD card please?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok i am still having trouble with this camera.

However the email problem is temporarily solved with Hikvision no longer being compatible with Gmail. Hopefully this will be resolved.

However the main problem i am having is approx 100 "Exception" alerts a day with minor breaks in recording. I have now discovered that the exception alerts are being caused bu the SD card i have installed. This is the SD card:

https://www.7dayshop.com/products/grixx-micro-sd-sdxc-memory-card-class-10-includes-full-size-sd-card-adapter-128gb-WH2-GRMSDA128GBXCCL10

I thought it would be ok as it is class 10 but appears not.

Any opinions on this SD card please?
Never head of that brand. With SD cards its important to go with an know quality brand name AND to buy it from a reputable dealer, no ebay/ali etc...most of those are fake.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Never head of that brand. With SD cards its important to go with an know quality brand name AND to buy it from a reputable dealer, no ebay/ali etc...most of those are fake.
Also Class 10 doesn't mean all will be ok. Devices can be picky with brands too.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
48 hours max? You need roughly 64GB if you run at VBR 4096Kbps and H264+. One is SD and other Micro?

I think that NVR will work but it's always best to contact the vendor first and ask them. That way you also know they will reply if you get any issues!

I actually use mine to do motion record and picture snapshot. I get roughly 180 days picture snapshot and 30 days motion from my 32GB I haven't checked for ages, it could be more.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ok Del.

How about this SD card. Good value at £23.99
I personally don't know. That's the problem with the SD cards, some work and some don't. I had a Sandisk 128GB that didn't work but it wasn't this one.

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I personally don't know. That's the problem with the SD cards, some work and some don't. I had a Sandisk 128GB that didn't work but it wasn't this one.
Ok a gamble :sad2:

[FONT=&quot]Class 10 for Full HD video (1080p) recording and playback

[/FONT]
What about 4Mp?[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score