DS-2CD2232-I5 hung and needs factory reset?

thosirl

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,
I've got a DS-2CD2232-I5, which is now uncontactable and trying to see if I can do a factory reset.
It's powered with POE, and I can see it getting link light and powering up, can also see the red light coming off it.
It had been set with an IP but is not longer responding, it's also not responding on the default IP.
I've tried scanning for devices using SADP, but it doesnt find anything.

Any suggestions how I can reset it? I cant find any reset button or documentation if this is possible.

Any suggestions?

Tom

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi all,
I've got a DS-2CD2232-I5, which is now uncontactable and trying to see if I can do a factory reset.
It's powered with POE, and I can see it getting link light and powering up, can also see the red light coming off it.
It had been set with an IP but is not longer responding, it's also not responding on the default IP.
I've tried scanning for devices using SADP, but it doesnt find anything.

Any suggestions how I can reset it? I cant find any reset button or documentation if this is possible.

Any suggestions?

Tom
Did you do anything to the camera? Like try to update the firmware? Seems odd for it to all of a sudden die like this.

java

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm experiencing the exact issue !! A few weeks ago the camera (DS-2CD2232-I5) went unresponsive. The symptoms are the same as described by thosirl. I'm very sad and I have doubts about quality of Hikvision cameras. Some details :
1. The camera is installed outside
2. The temperature was below 0 (approximately -5...-8)
3. Before total loss the camera has shown a white image (just a plain white colour), the time on image was working. At this point I restarted the camera and it went fully unresponsive.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
To check if there is any activity within the camera - can be done without pulling it down:
If the camera is on NVR PoE ports you need to connect your laptop/PC to a spare PoE port.
Set the PC IP address to 192.0.0.128
At a command prompt use 'ping -t 192.0.0.64' and power-cycle the camera (on PoE unplug the camera Ethernet cable briefly).
Watch for any responses.
Normal is 2-3 responses a few seconds after power on, with no repeats.
Then ping the camera at its normal IP address, which if on a PoE port will be shown on the NVR web GUI for the port in question.
Run SADP and see if the camera shows up.

java

n3wb
Reaction score
alastairstevenson, I did what you said, no luck. By the way, camera is connected to a PoE switch - SF302-08P. Also I tried to power it on using passive PoE, it seems that the camera is working (IR leds are briefly on when I power it on), but it is unresponsive as usual.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
alastairstevenson, I did what you said, no luck. By the way, camera is connected to a PoE switch - SF302-08P. Also I tried to power it on using passive PoE, it seems that the camera is working (IR leds are briefly on when I power it on), but it is unresponsive as usual.
Bring it inside and test it with a short cable run.

java

n3wb
Reaction score
Just for general information, I solved the problem. I don't know why but the camera lost its network settings (the time and other settings were ok). I've used wireshark in order to detect camera's new IP. It is working fine since then.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
90% of the time, when a Hik cam goes offline it's down to poor termination of the rj45 or using cheap CCA cable on runs longer than 40m.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
quote: "I'm very sad and I have doubts about quality of Hikvision cameras".

I would not make that statement on the largest manufacture of security cameras in the world if my Chinese grey market camera gave me issues. Kind of like all trees are useless because you can't sharpen your pencil.