DS-2CD2325FWD-I 2MP Ultra-Low Light Network Turret Camera

andyblac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I received my 2335 6mm today and I have already mounted it. It replaced 2342 turret. I made more changes to the settings than I normally do so we shall see how that works out. One that I remember is setting the shutter speed to 1/60. Usually I leave most of it alone and just go with the factory settings.
where is shutter speed ? or did you mean exposure time ?

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
my cams arrived today, i have noticed there is no gain control is this correct ?
Yes, I noticed the same on my 6mm 2335. I was sure there was a gain setting- I'll have to check my other 2335's (I might be confusing it with my 2342 or perhaps I've turned something on that then disables the gain control?)

I received my 2335 6mm today and I have already mounted it. It replaced 2342 turret. I made more changes to the settings than I normally do so we shall see how that works out. One that I remember is setting the shutter speed to 1/60. Usually I leave most of it alone and just go with the factory settings.
I've found knocking the contrast down a bit and adjusting the brightness up a bit works best for me at night (in day mode/colour.)

here is a comparison with DS-2CD2342WD-I-4mm at night.
You should try turning HLC on to see if that helps with the brightly lit plants (or trim them to a lower height.) They are probably causing the camera to under expose the rest of the image.

andyblac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You should try turning HLC on to see if that helps with the brightly lit plants (or trim them to a lower height.) They are probably causing the camera to under expose the rest of the image.
No HLC on these cams, i would love too, but my life would not be worth living if i did that :p. you know women and there gardens lol.

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No HLC on these cams, i would love too, but my life would not be worth living if i did that :p. you know women and there gardens lol.
Yep, I got confused again. It's the Dahua 5231R-Z Starlight with the BLC and HLC. Have you tried enabling BLC? I've played around with it for similar issues and it can make a positive improvement.

PS: I just go out and say I'm doing some gardening. Then it's just a case of "Yes, I might have trimmed them back a bit too far- they'll grow back." ;)

pcdo78

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I looked in this thread and didn't see anyone compare it directly with the Dahua IPC-HDW4231EM-AS which would probably be the most equal head to head match up. Would it be expected that they'd be approximately equal or would the starlights still have an advantage?

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The 2325 should be very close to the 2335; there are some comparisons on the thread about the Hik 3MP 2335 Ultra Low Light comparing it to the Dahua 5231 Starlight 2MP varifocal. There's also Naya's thread on the Dahua 4231 comparing it to the 5231. So you can sort of compare the differences between the Hik Ultra Low Light range to the Dahua Starlight range.

(You do get the bonus of a built in microphone with the Dahua cameras. But, if you've got a Hikvision NVR then the Hik cameras will provide more functionality than the Dahuas - which connect using ONVIF.)