ds-2cd2332-i can not log on to it. please help

s4nju

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a ds-2cd2332-i and i can not log on to it.

think the problem happened after i changed one of the ports to 80 in the camera settings and it has locked me out. I can see it in sadp but when i type the address of that camera nothing happens.

How do if this?

thanks for your help.

jweage

n3wb
Reaction score
If you can see it on SADP. What does it say the port is?
Have you tried using Sadp to change the port?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If you can see it on SADP. What does it say the port is?
Have you tried using Sadp to change the port?
I believe sadp displays the media port only..never tried changing the http port to see if it will display the http port if its something other than 80..regardless, op can use a mobile app like "fing" to find the ports...

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
s4nju said:
i changed one of the ports to 80 in the camera settings
From this, it sounds like two services are trying to listen on port 80. The web server and some other service that got configured to use port 80 too. If this is the case, you have little choice but to find a way to factory reset the camera. I don't know where the reset button on a 2332 is, if it even has one. Maybe you can get in with SSH or telnet and find the web server configuration file and change the port number there?

Maybe tftp firmware recovery will reset all camera settings? I don't know since I don't think I ever followed that procedure myself.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe tftp firmware recovery will reset all camera settings?
Yes indeed it does, including the web GUI port, when recovering from a bricked camera or doing an upgrade.
However depending on the history of the camera, if you TFTP recover to apparently the same firmware as was on it you may well be eliminating a hacked version and may revert to a Chinese language.

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
same thing happened to me, I have a 2332, one day it worked for about a week once installed, I haven't changed anything anywhere then I decided to log into this camera to do some tweaks to the settings then page not found. nothing had changed for a week. cam still works ok, no problems just cant log in.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
@wozzzzza and @jweage Something to try if you haven't already done so is to use the very good Windows open-source tool 'ONVIF Device Manager' from sourceforge.net.
It provides lots of info about the camera via the ONVIF protocols.
I doubt that the web logon would show any differently from in a browser, but if the web GUI or RTSP port has been changed it will show it on the 'network settings' page. And normally it can also be changed here, but only active after a restart.
And the RTSP port on the 'Live Video' page.

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@wozzzzza and @jweage Something to try if you haven't already done so is to use the very good Windows open-source tool 'ONVIF Device Manager' from sourceforge.net.
It provides lots of info about the camera via the ONVIF protocols.
I doubt that the web logon would show any differently from in a browser, but if the web GUI or RTSP port has been changed it will show it on the 'network settings' page. And normally it can also be changed here, but only active after a restart.
And the RTSP port on the 'Live Video' page.
thanks for that, you da man, tried that, came back as port 83, I vaguely remember changing it to port 83 for some reason, I obviously forgot I did it after a week of playing with 13 other cameras on port 80. all fixed now.