DS-2CD2412F-IW...setup problem

hikup

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought the DS-2CD2412F-IW from local retailer. Tried setting it up with SADP and then iVMS4200 but no joy. Phoned the retailer, he advised to use EZVIZ. I tried that but still no joy. Downloaded iVMS4500 on tablet, again no joy. Sent the camera back to retailer, he got it set up with EZVIZ, after upgrading the software on the cam (if I understood correctly) and sent it back. Now there's an IP for the camera that doesn't match my LAN and it's impossible to make any modifications through the iVMS or SADP. EZVIZ can't find the cam either. I've also tried resetting but no joy there either. When I try HiDDNS it says the device is not registered on the server. I must be missing something. I'd appreciate any help, thanks.
Also I changed the IP on my laptop to match the cam IP and got the login page, but the admin codes aren't accepted, nor are my personal codes I used for the iVMS and EZVIZ. So I logged in "anonymous" and got a B&W picture from the cam but no access to the config options. :sad:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. If sadp is not working (not showing any cameras) its most likely a winpcap issue..it must be properly installed during the installation process..in windows 8 sometimes you need to install using compatibility mode...try re-installing sadp.
Reset the camera, it will default to 192.0.0.64...user name is admin password is 12345...try sadp or change your ipv4 settings to login..

hikup

n3wb
Reaction score
sadp and iVMS 4200 do show a camera with the same serial number as mine, but with the new IP address it had when it came back from the retailer. but this doesn't match my LAN IP. My PC and laptop are on Windows 7. I've reset the camera countless times but the IP doesn't change.
Would a wincap issue also affect setting up via EZVIZ or iVMS4500 from a tablet?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So sadp is working...and basically you dont have the login info? They may have changed it...to properly reset hikvision cameras...remove power, while holding reset button apply power...hold for 30 seconds..release...

Winpcap will not affet esviz or ivms

hikup

n3wb
Reaction score
fenderman, looks like we're getting somewhwere now. Reset as you said (different to what my retailer said...was this info in some kind of manual somewhere?) Sadp now finds the cam with an IP that matches my LAN. thanks a million.

hikup

n3wb
Reaction score
Got it on EZVIZ, also logged into cam for setting functionality. Fenderman, you made my week.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Great..not sure where or if the reset info is published...its just "known"...

hikup

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi again, now I've got the cam set up and working at my second address and can view it on cloud EZVIZ and also iVMS4500 where it appeared automatically (following EZVIZ cloud I suppose). But when I try to "add" the device in iVMS4500 I get the message "device not registered on the server". I tried HiDDN but i get stuck on the "device domain" field, I've tried entering various things here but none are accepted.
Have you used this cam? If so, how can one remotely turn the siren on or off? (in case of a false alam).
Also I've discovered that my ISP modem/router external IP changes from time to time. This is causing me trouble logging into the cam from the web to fine tune settings. Is there a way round this? Thanks for your help.

hikup

n3wb
Reaction score
I've finally been able to get 2 cube cams up and running. Both of them on Ezviz, ivms4500, ivms4200 and hik-online.Great....BUT.....today on both ivms's, the 2nd cam is greyed out. Message is "not connected". Ezviz still shows both cams so they're both still working. What could be the problem?

Dony Viana

n3wb
Reaction score
Dear,

Purchase via Aliexpress one Hikvision - model: DS-2CD2412F-IW, i could not access it, below steps I performed:

1) I changed the IP range of my router to 192.0.0.X

2) I installed iVMS (latest version), including WINCAP

3) installed SADP

4) I have connected the camera directly to the router via cable (LAN).

- My operating system is WIN7 - 64Bit, but tested it on another machine with 32bit version.

- I'm not using POE, but with power adapter.

ERROR / PROBLEM
When searching SADP the camera does not appear.

:)
Could you suggest actions to solve the problem?

Thanks !

Adonias Viana

hikup

n3wb
Reaction score
Adonias
I am not an expert, but I have managed to install 2 cube cams.....this is what I did.
I did NOT change my router IP.
SADP found the cam anyway, with the original "as bought" cam IP, and then I changed the cam IP to one that matched the Local network IP range. Then double click on the cam IP in SADP and it will open the login page to your camera, where you can change the settings and configuration.
you might have to "reset" the camera.
you also might have to update the firmware of the camera.
I have SADP and iVMS4200 working (almost) on windows 8.1, 64 bit. Sometimes it jams on closing though.

Dony Viana

n3wb
Reaction score
hikup,

Thank you for attention and clarification.

But problem is that the SADP not find the camera so I can change, if it does not appear I can not change the IP.

Thanks,

Adonias Viana

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
hikup,

Thank you for attention and clarification.

But problem is that the SADP not find the camera so I can change, if it does not appear I can not change the IP.

Thanks,

Adonias Viana
If you changed your routers subnet then the camera should be found on 192.0.0.64
I would also follow hikupis advice and reset the camera...remove power, hold reset, apply power while holding reset, keep holding for 30 seconds.
Also make sure your power adapter is supplying enough power.

Dony Viana

n3wb
Reaction score
I thank again the speed of responses, thanks for the tips!

Fenderman,

I will check the settings when you get home.

About the power adapter I am suspicious, because by default the seller does not send the product and I used a router adapter (CISCO) with the following characteristics:

---------------------
- 12V
- 1A (Ampere)
----------------------

Behind the camera says he needs an 12V, not quotes ampere.

*** I read somewhere that depending on the electric current, the camera can not activate all functions and prevents it from appearing in SADP, but I do not know how to properly the specifications necessary through the manual or website, not found with references to details whether this is really the problem.

Thanks !

Adonias Viana

Attachments

Dony Viana

n3wb
Reaction score
I thank again the speed of responses, thanks for the tips!

Fenderman,

I will check the settings when you get home.

About the power adapter I am suspicious, because by default the seller does not send the product and I used a router adapter (CISCO) with the following characteristics:

---------------------
- 12V
- 1A (Ampere)
----------------------

Behind the camera says he needs an 12V, not quotes ampere.

*** I read somewhere that depending on the electric current, the camera can not activate all functions and prevents it from appearing in SADP, but I do not know how to properly the specifications necessary through the manual or website, not found with references to details whether this is really the problem.

Thanks !

Adonias Viana

Another interesting point is that to connect via cable to camera and use the CMD (Prompt) - PING command, the IP 192.0.0.64 not respond.

Thanks,

Adonias Viana

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
A 12V 1A power supply is fine.
What version is SADP you are using? 2.1.0.2 generally works OK.
If your router, on its normal IP address range has DHCP enabled, you might be able to see the camera assigned address in the 'list of connected devices' in the router admin if the camera is using DHCP.
It does depend though on what the seller has configured, if anything.

As fenderman mentioned though - 192.0.0.64 is often the default, and almost invariably SADP is able to find the camera, even on a different subnet.

Dony Viana

n3wb
Reaction score
A 12V 1A power supply is fine.
What version is SADP you are using? 2.1.0.2 generally works OK.
If your router, on its normal IP address range has DHCP enabled, you might be able to see the camera assigned address in the 'list of connected devices' in the router admin if the camera is using DHCP.
It does depend though on what the seller has configured, if anything.

As fenderman mentioned though - 192.0.0.64 is often the default, and almost invariably SADP is able to find the camera, even on a different subnet.

Thanks Alastairstevenson

I am using the SAPD version below (image):

My router is configured DHCP and this camera configured with fixed IP according to the manual/product packaging.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, if we assume the packaging is correct, try this:
Just leave your router at its normal settings.
Change the IP address of your PC to 192.0.0.128, subnet mask 255.255.255.0
Gateway does not matter, but if the PC complains, use 192.0.0.1
Confirm the PC is wired to the router.
Confirm the camera is wired to the router.
At a command prompt on the PC, use 'ping -t 192.0.0.64' to set a continuous ping going.
Power on the camera.
Check for any ping responses.
If you get continuous responses, the camera is confirmed as using the IP address 192.0.0.64. Start your browser, go to URL 'http://192.0.0.64' and hopefully you will get a login screen, and should be able to use 'admin 12345' for 'Username password'.
If the camera does show a few ping responses that stop after a few seconds, and do no recur of their own accord after some 10s of seconds, the camera is either set to use DHCP or a different static IP address.
Assuming your router DHCP is working OK, we would expect SADP to find the camera for either case.

Good luck!