DS-2CD2432F-IW cannot revert to English firmware

veni

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a DS-2CD2432F-IW
camera, which came with firmware version v5.2.0_140721 (Multi Language). I was having some issues lately and decided to reinstall the same firmware again but I made a huge mistake by uploading the same version from Hikvision's website http://www.hikvision.com/en/us/download_more.asp?id=1354

When the camera rebooted, it changed the language to Chinese. I soon after realized that the English versions of the firmwares were available on ftp://ftp.hikvisionusa.com/ but I have tried all of the Raptor_2xxx_Series firmwares and was able to upgrade to V5.2.3 build 141024 but it is still in Chinese.

How can I get an English version back on the camera?
I tried the TFTP method but the TFTP-auto-apdate tool will not detect the camera.
Funny thing is the camera still works well but it's GUI is in Chinese.
Any advice on what to do?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

veni

n3wb
Reaction score
Fantastic this works but I still went ahead and contacted CBX for his permanent fix
http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread....ht=tjM0N7eRYok

Also a strange thing is happening with the camera, when I set a NAS volume, it triggers an alarm through the camera speaker and will not stop until I remove the NAS volune in the settings.

Very weird!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Great. The alarm is most likely related to a hard disk error (or what the camera thinks is one)...there is a setting in the camera that allows you to enable/disable the audio alerts for HDD error/full and other issues, i dont remember off hand where it is in the settings...

veni

n3wb
Reaction score
update:
I have disabled the audible warning under the exception tab it that works!

Last edited by a moderator: