DS-2CD2532F-IS, cannot get built in mic working!

MacSto

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I have run into an issue with the DS-2CD2532F-IS cameras that I have purchased. They are OEM/Chinese but are running the latest English firmware. I have checked the audio settings, source is set to "MicIn" and I have tried increasing audio level. I cannot get any audio output from any of these cameras via the web interface, iVMS on the PC, iVMS on iPhone, or through a 7700 servies NVR. I'm pulling my hair out over this!

Does anyone have any experience with these or perhaps has run into this issue before?

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It offer different encoding options? Have you tired those...I dont have one here to test, but ive never had an issue with audio on these...
Have you set it to video AND audio in the video settings tab? Configuration > Advanced Configuration > Video / Audio > Video
Try the line in and see if that changes anything.

MacSto

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, I have checked every possible setting and no luck. The kicker is, I have 6 of these from overseas and not a single one works. I even tried downgrading the firmware on one of them from 5.2.0 to 5.1.x and still cannot get audio out of the built in mic no matter what I do. Furthermore, I had a Hikvision USA tech remotely connect to it and he spent 20 minutes changing settings and testing and he also did not get it working. Ryan from Nelly's was also kind enough to connect to it and test and he also had no luck.

I would be more than happy to connect one to my network and give someone access if they wanted to give it a shot, but between the hours I have spent on it and the work of Ryan and the Hikvision tech, I don't have much faith in these things working... I don't know what it is, but there seems to be some issue. Ryan also said he had a few people come to him with the same issue yesterday as well, so I think it could potentially be a widespread hardware/firmware issue with the overseas models.

If anyone can shine some light on this, that would be great. Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Seems like a hardware firmware issue, however, if you pm the credentials ill give it a shot.

David_231

n3wb
Reaction score
If its windows 7 go to audio properties and check show hidden devices....make sure stereo mix is your default device for recodring

MacSto

n3wb
Reaction score
Seems like a hardware firmware issue, however, if you pm the credentials ill give it a shot.
Sending PM now!

If its windows 7 go to audio properties and check show hidden devices....make sure stereo mix is your default device for recodring
Thanks for the reply David. I can ensure you it's unfortunately not something as simple as local sound settings. I have tried this multiple times with multiple devices (PC, iPad, iPhone, etc) as well as a Hikvision tech and Ryan from Nelly's. Unfortunately I think the problem is much deeper.

Reaction score
Not sure if you guys figured this out since it's an old thread but I just went through this with a DS-2CD2542FWD-IS. There is a pull down menu were you have to select video and audio. It's video only by default.

Attachments

DarkSim

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Not sure if you guys figured this out since it's an old thread but I just went through this with a DS-2CD2542FWD-IS. There is a pull down menu were you have to select video and audio. It's video only by default.
had the same issue, bought a origina version, no more problems..

Mackintosh

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

First time poster - Ive tried to research the question but can't find an answer!

I've recently installed three of the DS-2CD2542FWD-IS cameras as part of a larger install. Question is, do I have to run additional audio cables from the tail of the camera to the NVR - or does the audio transmit over the Cat5e? I ran normal speaker wire between the points just in case, but can only see a phono audio input to the NVR...

Many Thanks,

Nick

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Question is, do I have to run additional audio cables from the tail of the camera to the NVR - or does the audio transmit over the Cat5e?
No, and Yes, all done over the network.
But you do need to enable 'Video&Audio' as opposed to 'Video' in the video configuration of the camera web GUI.