DS-2CD2643G0-IZS Junction box replacment

LoneEdge

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello all, I have managed to get a DS-2CD2643G0-IZS fairly cheap but it is missing the original backplate/junction box is there any way I can obtain one or can I just buy one separately thanks in advance.

dedf4b096bebad9c2d18372a4682715b.png045fa4faa09599ce33d71f789eafe83c.jpg

woynitt

n3wb
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

woynitt

n3wb
Reaction score
Nope the DS-1280ZJ-M doesn't seem to fit let me know if you find a solution.
Thanks for info.

I asked few Hikvision dealers and Hikvision support.

Support doesn't replied (for EU and for Poland).

Most of dealers doesn't know for replacement box.

So I still searching box in shops and if will find, then I'll back to You.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Or if you never can find a circular box of 157mm outer dimensions with the proper bolt circle, consider this or similar in you locale from an electrical supply vendor. Of course you'd have to cut out part of it so the terminal block portion from the cam would fit.==>> DJC Supply Co. 6" x 6" x 3" Weather & Dust Proof PS Plastic Junction Conduit Box Enclosure (5.5"x5.5"x3" Interior Dimension)1 Pack

6x6-box.jpg

EDIT: This one is white and has knockouts AND cover screws are metal, cover appears more structurally sturdy AND it's white like most cams ==>>MAKERELE IP65 Waterproof Dustproof Electrical Junction Box ABS Plastic Electronics Enclosure White 5.9”×5.9”×2.8”inch(150×150×70mm)

6x6x3-whitebox.jpg

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

woynitt

n3wb
Reaction score
Why not provide some measurements of what your cam's base requires so forum members can better assist? :idk:

View attachment 131538
Hi
dimension #1: ~90mm
dimension #2: ~141,5mm

I've found box in local store and now I waiting for package.
If will be fit, then I back.

But strange for me is that Hikvision support (on three different e-mails) didn't responded for my question.
In past they were responsive and helpful for my requests, but in this case looks like they don't want help.

Last edited:

PatPend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you have access to a 3D printer, here is a parametric junction box generator I wrote. You can specify diameter, number of screw holes etc.

woynitt

n3wb
Reaction score
Seen a few cams going cheap on ebay and bit pointless if you can't get the back box for them.
Hi, I resolved problem with missing box without Hikvision help.
I've contacted with local shop/repair service for camera security and asked them about box for this camera or replacement.
I was lucky, becuase they had this box from broken camera (other Hik model, but it fit) and they sold it to me.
So I think You can contact with some local services to ask about this box (looks like it's holy Grail ;))

In this point I'm very disappointed about Hikvision support - I've asked on 3 different support e-mails and they didn't even respond for my question with information "we don't know/ we don't have this box".
In past I contacted with Hik support and they were very helpful, but in this "box case" they didn't respond.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi, I resolved problem with missing box without Hikvision help.
I've contacted with local shop/repair service for camera security and asked them about box for this camera or replacement.
I was lucky, becuase they had this box from broken camera (other Hik model, but it fit) and they sold it to me.
So I think You can contact with some local services to ask about this box (looks like it's holy Grail ;))

In this point I'm very disappointed about Hikvision support - I've asked on 3 different support e-mails and they didn't even respond for my question with information "we don't know/ we don't have this box".
In past I contacted with Hik support and they were very helpful, but in this "box case" they didn't respond.
Their support is stopping to end users, they are answering to distributors. If you are lucky enough to get some bored tech over there he might help out.
On the topic, all those junction boxes can be ordered, they got SAP number. But its very unlikely you will buy any.Hik sells to authorized distributors only, so they have to order it for you. And those special junction boxes that usually come with camera, are not rly at local wharehouse's its at china, and you will wait 2 months for it