DS-2CD2643G0-IZS Junction box replacment

woynitt

n3wb
Reaction score
Their support is stopping to end users, they are answering to distributors. If you are lucky enough to get some bored tech over there he might help out.
On the topic, all those junction boxes can be ordered, they got SAP number. But its very unlikely you will buy any.Hik sells to authorized distributors only, so they have to order it for you. And those special junction boxes that usually come with camera, are not rly at local wharehouse's its at china, and you will wait 2 months for it
Good to know about this boxes how to buy this peace of metal.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Their support is stopping to end users, they are answering to distributors.
Yes, as they have done for quite a while. But the response varies between very helpful and no response.
When asking simply for the needed part number, because none of the product info specifies what model of camera it supports, I got the usual canned response, a fragment below :
We do not directly support End Users with Technical issues, we support Professional Installation Companies and Distributors only, who then in turn will support their Clients.
And I'd already been around a few authorised distributors and others with no success.

But it will be easy enough to manufacture a base, as the cameras are for my local Mens Shed and they have the skills and materials to be able to do this, it's for their benefit.

LoneEdge

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Talked with our Hikvision contact about this issue, and was told the normal junction box can not be used, it has to be hikvision original ones with sealing ring, otherwise, the camera will not work properly. Hikvision can provide to us, so if you still need, please kindly advise the model number and series number, and we will apply one for you. :)
DS-2CD2643G0-IZS is the model number I have I would definitely be interested in buying one.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Talked with our Hikvision contact about this issue,
Thanks for doing that.

was told the normal junction box can not be used,
Yes - it's not a junction box that's needed - it's a camera base.

please kindly advise the model number and series number,
These are the Pro Series varifocal bullets, such as DS-2CD2655FWD-IZS, DS-2CD2645FWD-IZS

Hikvision can provide to us
But please don't obtain these from Hikvision yet until proper confirmation that it's the correct part.
Can you get them to provide a part number, and also a couple of dimensioned images of what they think is needed?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
so it is recommended to talk with the seller about this issue, better asking for pictures before ordering the cameras
The ones I have were bought as 'used' from eBay UK.
I bought 3 of these as part of updating the CCTV installation at my local Men's Shed.

The seller had simply unscrewed the existing cameras from the camera base and left the base and junction box in place which was then re-used for the replacement cameras.
That's why the cameras have no base.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Any news on a replacement box?
If you are determined enough / desperate enough / know someone who could be -
It's possible to use a scrollsaw / fretsaw / coping saw / hacksaw / rasp to cut out the needed hole shape for the terminal block from a standard Hikvision DS-1280ZJ-M junction box.

See attached part-finished example.

Attachments

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.