DS-2CD2T87G2P devType required for unbricking

xml

n3wb
Reaction score
I just bricked my camera trying to upgrade to the firmware :facepalm:

Can someone with the same camera telnet to it and retrieve the devtype (using prtHardInfo, similar to the screen shot bellow) so I can unbrick it with BrickfixV2?

1675985678008.png

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Can someone with the same camera telnet to it and retrieve the devtype (using prtHardInfo, similar to the screen shot bellow) so I can unbrick it with BrickfixV2?
The devtype is as shown in your screenshot above - it's not changed by the stock firmware.
BrickfixV2 can only be used on R0 series cameras - not G2 series cameras.

To recover the camera, it will probably be easiest to connect to the serial console and aapply the stock firmware there.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I was going by the title of your thread - and didn't look at the model number in the prtHardInfo screenshot. Which shows it's an R0 series device, contrary to what I'd thought.

Looks like the camera got plugged into an NVR PoE port.

Reaction score
I was going by the title of your thread - and didn't look at the model number in the prtHardInfo screenshot. Which shows it's an R0 series device, contrary to what I'd thought.

Looks like the camera got plugged into an NVR PoE port.
How do you know the camera is R0 series??

Reaction score
The prtHardInfo data in the screenshot of post #1 shows it is a Chinese DS-2CD2132-I which is an R0 series model.
I have DS-2CD2T63G0-I5 it is not connect on SSH by putty on port 22,this camera have SSH ???

i need to change mac address of camera by mtd hack