DS-2CD3345-I Factory Reset

Kudrow

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

Would anyone be so kind enough to inform me if there is a hidden reset button internally on the DS-2CD3345-I?

I cannot recall the GUI password however the camera still works and authenticates in the NVR.

I need to factory reset the camera as for some reason, it will not show the sub stream anymore.

I can still view the main stream via the NVR so the NVR is still authenticating via the Hikvision protocol, but I do not know what that password is.

Many thanks!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
cannot recall the GUI password however the camera still works and authenticates in the NVR.
If still working OK on the NVR ...
Assuming a Hikvision NVR, you could use the NVR web GUI Maintenance menu to Export the IPC configuration, load the file (it's in Excel form) into Excel or equivalent, and inspect the camera passwords.
They are in plaintext.

Kudrow

n3wb
Reaction score
Turns out that the NVR cannot see the cameras (authentication/bad password). So now I have 7 of these cameras which are grey market eBay specials. It would seem the only way I reset the password is via the XML file which I am sure I am not able to obtain through official Hikvision channels.

Can anyone confirm? Am I able to recover with English firmware and TFTP. Does anyone have the firmware?

I'm happy to pay someone to assist with this (Paypal).

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
So now I have 7 of these cameras which are grey market eBay specials.
I'm a bit confused.
Just to confirm the problem - these are cameras that you have bought on eBay, but can't get connected to the NVR as you don't know the camera password that the seller may have used for one of them, or all?
You said you could see Live View on the NVR. Does this mean they worked OK at some time?
Or is it something else completely?

The 'old' default passwords were 12345, 123456789abc and some sellers used 123456789a

Kudrow

n3wb
Reaction score
I stupidly factory reset the NVR, so now there is no access to 7/10 cameras as I cannot recall the passwords for the life of me. The 7 cameras were eBay purchases. They worked fine until I reset the NVR.

Kudrow

n3wb
Reaction score
Unfortunately no I did not. I'm literally killing myself - incredibly frustrated!

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If still working OK on the NVR ...
Assuming a Hikvision NVR, you could use the NVR web GUI Maintenance menu to Export the IPC configuration, load the file (it's in Excel form) into Excel or equivalent, and inspect the camera passwords.
They are in plaintext.
Unfortunately no I did not. I'm literally killing myself - incredibly frustrated!
So you only had to export the config file and open it up on excel, but you decided to reset the NVR...?

If you at some time in the past have activated the cams with the NVR, the admin password on the cams will be a password you have previously used on the NVR. That is, when you plug a non activated cam on a Hikvision NVR, the NVR will activate the cam with its own admin password.

Just in case you remember all the admin passwords you have previously used on the NVR...

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes indeed, FF52 has joined current Chrome and no longer supports NPAPI plugins out of the box.
IE11 is (almost) the last browser standing ...
Some recent posts on that topic, with 2 or 3 workarounds.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm ashamed to say that I resort to a Windows VM with IE11 under Oracle VirtualBox on my Linux64 PC when needing to do config changes or Live View / Playback on my Hik devices.

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You, good sir, are an absolute legend. Now I only have 2 that I cannot access!
Good news, at least you saved 5 of them.
TFTP updating the camera will usually also bring it back to default values (unactivated), but with chinese cameras you will need to make sure you do not mess up with the wrong firmware.

thunfors

n3wb
Reaction score
I order a new DS-2CD3345-I. Does anyone know what the standard IP-address are to DS-2CD3345-I to login to the webgui? It don't work with dhcp..