ds-2cd3t20d-i3 : URL for snapshot?

el_pablo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm a beginner with IP cams and I own two IPG-80HE20PS-S modules recognized as ds-2cd3t20d-i3 from iVMS-4200. There are mostly in their default setup except for the ip addresses.

I have managed to get the RTSP feed for VLC which is rtsp://camIP:554/user=theUser&password=&channel=1&stream=1.sdp?real_stream

The current open ports are 80, 554, 8000, 8899 and 34567.

Now I'm trying to find a way to get a JPG snapshot from the camera, but all the examples that I tried failed. The camera just returns a file indicating a HTML error.

Also, is there a way to make it work under Chrome or FF instead of using a decade old ActiveX to read the feed?

Another question, is there a beginners guide?

Thank you guys

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Other than asking on forums or Google, how does one figure out something like the RSTP, jpeg, primary\secondary stream, ect. path for "anymodel #### anyMfgcamera" if it is never included with instructions or mfg website?

Is there a general industry default path config shared across all cameras mfgs?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Other than asking on forums or Google, how does one figure out something like the RSTP, jpeg, primary\secondary stream, ect. path for "anymodel #### anyMfgcamera" if it is never included with instructions or mfg website?
With most cameras claiming ONVIF compliance these days, a really good tool that provides loads of useful information is ONVIF Device Manager from sourceforge.net

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm a beginner with IP cams and I own two IPG-80HE20PS-S modules recognized as ds-2cd3t20d-i3 from iVMS-4200. There are mostly in their default setup except for the ip addresses.
It's not original hikvision and doesn't matter how it recognize.
Possible it's XM with buildin hikserver.
Share ipc and we will see ;)

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
if this Http command doesnt run you can try to make a php file with a xml command

I have this if you want , i use that to call ptz presets on Hikvision cams.

BICK

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It's not original hikvision and doesn't matter how it recognize.
Possible it's XM with buildin hikserver.
I think iTuneDVR may be correct.
A few months back I bought an IP4-S307 camera board, it had a 'hikserver' facility built in to the juanvision firmware.
Here is what I said in a post about it :
The board supports a subset of Hikvision's ISAPI commands and shows up in SADP as a DS-2CD3T10D-I3 and allows SADP to change network settings.
It was able to be added to a DS-7816N and DS-7616NI-K2 NVR as a normal Hikvision camera.
The NVR was able to configure video/audio, image and motion event settings as normal.
two IPG-80HE20PS-S modules recognized as ds-2cd3t20d-i3 from iVMS-4200.
DS-2CD3T10D-I3 is quite close to what you are seeing.

el_pablo

n3wb
Reaction score

Tolting Colt Acres

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What firmware is it running?

On Hikvision cameras with newer firmware, you have to “enable” the ISAPI feature. I forget the option offhand (not near one of my cameras)... but it isn’t readily intuitive.

Unless you check on that box (whatever it is, someone else probably knows and can answer sooner), when you issue an ISAPI command to the camera, you get an error.