DS-2DF7286-K20 firmware update?

MikeAus

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Tello,

I've just registered on this forum because I noticed your post and I'd like to share a bit of info.

I apologise if this drags out a bit, but I hope you find some of the information useful....

"K20" is a model number used to reference a series of "Hikvision" PTZ cameras sold by the company CCTV Discover in China. They are also sold on eBay via two or three different usernames, but I've noticed that no matter which of those sellers you contact - the same people from CCTV Discover will always reply. To be fair, the company is pretty good (especially with delivery), but they are ALWAYS difficult and/or vague when it comes to supplying firmware updates or information that will help you obtain one.

If you've ever mailed the company to ask for a firmware update, I'd bet money that their reply was "sorry, but there are no firmware update available yet". They do the same for everything!

One of my more memorable examples of this was with a Hybrid NVR/DVR that I purchased from them. The device kept freezing/crashing, and I emailed them to ask if they had a firmware update that might help. A couple of hours after sending the mail I realised that I'd stupidly forgotten to included my current firmware version. However, before I had the chance to provide them with this info - I found that they'd already replied to tell me that there hadn't been any updates for the device. After countless further emails I found that there had in fact been multiple updates and that those updates did fix my problem.

Anyhow, back to the camera...

I also purchased one of these K20 series cameras earlier in the year (February I think), and CCTV Discover's usual passive attitude towards providing firmware information continued. Everything they said suggested that it was a Chinese OEM Hikvision, so in the end I just asked if I could install one of Hikvision's own firmwares instead. I immediately started getting replies from a different person, who said that while these cameras used Hikvision camera modules - the PTZ mechanism was from another manufacturer and that the Hikvision firmware was not compatible.

After my discussions with that person, I did manage to get them to upload a newer firmware to their website in April/May, and that firmware remained on their site right up until just 24 hours ago.

I don't know if I still have a copy of the firmware file, but one characteristic is that it shows the date and time in Chinese. This never really bothered me as I don't use the feature and it's something I've experienced with other Chinese Hikvision cameras. At the time, CCTV Discover insisted that it was a bug and that they'd upload a new fixed firmware within a couple of weeks. Needless to say, that was 6 months ago now. I did drop them an email more recently to ask about that update, but guess what - apparently there haven't been any updates for these cameras. Aaarrgh!

Craig.
Sorry to reopen this thread but it would appear I've bricked a Chinese version of DS-2DF7286-K20

I had firmware version V5.3.0build 150930 with a DSP Version of V5.0, build 150403.

It detected that camera as CMR-HD200-20-K

Now trying see if I can located this firmware build to get it playing again. I am currently TFTPing to it successfully but so far none of the images are successfully download ... perhaps I'm too impatient. Will try again with verious releases of firmware that I've found that may work but nothing that suits this model DS-2DF7286-K20 which is what is on the sticker.

Appreciate any assistance

Mike

diaverv

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry to reopen this thread but it would appear I've bricked a Chinese version of DS-2DF7286-K20

I had firmware version V5.3.0build 150930 with a DSP Version of V5.0, build 150403.

Now trying see if I can located this firmware build to get it playing again. I am currently TFTPing to it successfully but so far none of the images are successfully download ... perhaps I'm too impatient. Will try again with verious releases of firmware that I've found that may work but nothing that suits this model DS-2DF7286-K20 which is what is on the sticker.

Mike
Hi Mike,

I have the exact same model and updated to the same firmware as yours
I had firmware version V5.3.0build 150930 with a DSP Version of V5.0, build 150403

and I can see it from from Batch config Tools but when I try the browser I get this

I think there must be an easy solution which I cannot figure out at the moment since the camera is detectible and I see picture from i-SPY

I'd be happy to assist if I find something......but for the moment everything I tried didn't work to make it visible at the browser

-----------------------------------------------------------
Access Error: 404 -- Not Found

firmware language mismatch: /home/webLib

-----------------------------------------------------------

diaverv

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I know that a few months have gone by, but just in case you're still interested (or if anyone else out there has one of these cameras).....

CCTV Discover uploaded a new firmware for the 720p & 1080p K20 PTZ cameras. The new firmware is based on v5.2.0 and can be downloaded here: www.cctvdiscover.com/download/Files/K20/Firmware/ .

When I first tried installing the update I received a Language mismatch error, but in the same download folder you'll find a Camera_Upgrade.zip file. This zip file contains some older firmwares - one of which is located in a sub folder labelled "2.Meaasge.Box.Bug". After flashing the update from that folder, the 5.2.0 firmware was accepted.

For me, this update significantly improved the camera's ability to lock focus at night. We use our camera with Synology Surveillance Station and I often found that the camera failed to re-focus correctly when moving between preset positions.

Regards,
Craig.

Hi Craig
Is it possible to get this v5.2.0 and Camera_Upgrade.zip file? Do you still have them?

Dia

nifou

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Mike
Hello, I know this post is ol, just to know if somebody still have V5.3.0build 150930 with a DSP Version of V5.0, build 150403 for CMR-HD200-20-K.

thank you so much

antonnur

n3wb
Reaction score
Good day everyone!

There are camera DS-2DF7286-A, took from the hands is not new with IOS 4.H. H. when you connect, it turned out that it is in the settings (via the web interface or via ivms-4200) is not possible to connect to the cloud service hikvision (there is no point with the settings of the access platform).
Went to the manufacturer's website-look at version 5.5.0 in the description to the firmware says that this function is added (Platform access). Downloaded the firmware, uploaded it via tftp (as through a web camera sewing nivkakuyu not wanted), but the function with Platform access and not poyavilas. Tried all the firmware to the new 5.5.71 and back to 4.H. H. was receding, and they consistently put to zero without result...

Tell me how you can add this feature, I really need it.
Added (01.09.2019, 13:04)
---------------------------------------------
Than no one will help...?

Launched it via ssh and performed showServer -
# showServer
enable: 0
lbs: dev.hik-connectru.com:8555
alarm: alarm.ezvizru.com:7400

how to make enable: 1???

Added (01.09.2019, 13:04)
---------------------------------------------
# showKey
Enable:1, Permanent code:ABCDEF, ABCDEF(default)
UserID:0000000000000000
FirmwareID:000000010000000100000100000f0e0e00000001000000080000000000000002

antonnur

n3wb
Reaction score
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> ssh admin@192.168.1.150 '/bin/sh'
admin@192.168.1.150's password:
exec request failed on channel 0
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>

antonnur

n3wb
Reaction score
I probably need to edit the camera bootloader or davinci. Or download the edited firmware via tftp
can someone help?

antonnur

n3wb
Reaction score
Guys, teach what to read in order to rebuild the firmware yourself. I want a cloud service to appear. Linux installed and received access via SSH. But what to do next?

antonnur

n3wb
Reaction score
There is a programmer, but I could not get a place on the board where to solder PX / TX. On other cameras, everything was no problem.