DS-7600NI-I2/8P with Dahua dh-ipc-hdw4431c-a-v2 cameras

Reaction score
Righto, Thought i order Hikvision and cameras but i didn't lol, so have to get them working now.

Have the unit up and running on the network, when the unit turns on the camera turns on and lights up so it sees the camera, but of course not setup.

I have found the standard username and passwords. But not to sure on the port setup. The access port is set for 8000 for a Hikvision camera. If i change it to 80 it thinks about logging in but doesn't. There is a drop down box for the brand of cameras. Dahua isn't listed, anyone know the brand camera i could use to try it out.

Connecting the camera straight to the POE ports on the unit and the PoE setting says it is feeding voltage out to the unit.

Question is - do i have to get it booted off of that unit to set it up first? if so i will have to go find a power pack for it. no PoE network switches here.

MDL

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Righto, Thought i order Hikvision and cameras but i didn't lol, so have to get them working now.

Have the unit up and running on the network, when the unit turns on the camera turns on and lights up so it sees the camera, but of course not setup.

I have found the standard username and passwords. But not to sure on the port setup. The access port is set for 8000 for a Hikvision camera. If i change it to 80 it thinks about logging in but doesn't. There is a drop down box for the brand of cameras. Dahua isn't listed, anyone know the brand camera i could use to try it out.

Connecting the camera straight to the POE ports on the unit and the PoE setting says it is feeding voltage out to the unit.

Question is - do i have to get it booted off of that unit to set it up first? if so i will have to go find a power pack for it. no PoE network switches here.

MDL
Hi Matthew Locker,

Good to see you've kicked in your first post! I don't have an answer for you, I am still learning a lot here, just wanted to welcome you here.

Just in case: It's easy to get swamped with information here, so I wanted to share some notes with you

Please check out @giomania 's notes:
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

I have also made notes which are a summary of a lot of the reading I've been doing here,:
Looking for some advice and direction!

Have fun joining us here.