DS-7608NI & DS-2CD2T22WD-I5 cammerras

hash84

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello guys,
i have a small problem.
i have a DS-7608NI-E2/8P/A NVR and 5 DS-2CD2T22WD-I5 cameras.
i have set the system, each camera set in NVR with Plug-and-Play.
everthing was ok.
then i have switch the wires of camera 1&2 :)
now, the NVR cannot see the cammeras, and i cannot log on to them.
i am connected with my laptop in the poe ports of the NVR.
the default user and password, doesn't work, admin 12345, or 123456789abc.
the cameras have 5.3.3 firmware (the new one), and i cannot get the security code with the old method.
i cannot connect on any of the cameras. any ideas what password uses the NVR to configure the cameras ?

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you change the password on the NVR? have you tried that for the cameras?

If the internal switch is anything like a normal switch, when a device is connected, it's MAC address is mapped to that port/interface. So when you switch them up it expects that device to be on this port but it's not there.

Although a power cycle, or some time usually gets them to remap everything properly (on a normal switch anyways).

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
i am connected with my laptop in the poe ports of the NVR.
While connected as above, have you tried finding the cameras with SADP, and what if anything do they show?

hash84

n3wb
Reaction score
While connected as above, have you tried finding the cameras with SADP, and what if anything do they show?
Yes, i can see the cameras in sadp, i can see the login screen in web browser, but i don't know the user and password.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, the user will be admin
Default password combinations we've see here are 12345, 123456789abc
And did you use a non-default password when you configured the channels for the cameras on the NVR, and if so have you tried that?
Did both channels 1 & 2 have the same password set?
Presumably the browser login screen for the cameras isn't saying something like 'locked out', it's just saying something like 'invalid login'.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Put the camera's back into the NVR and down power the NVR wait 30 Seconds then re boot it, if you never Changed any settings it should come back up.

hash84

n3wb
Reaction score
solved. i just updated the cameras with the firmware 5.3.3 an they factory reseted. configured each camera individually, and everything is ok now. @whoslooking thank you for the links in your signature

Last edited by a moderator: