DS-7832n-E2 Chinese to English

wzhick

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Guys some issues around 3.3.2 on having photos within the NVR email on alarm, and notification to the Survailence Center not working.

Any chance 3.3.3 fixes those issues?
there is no chance that the later firmware fix. This protection. )
There is another method, for that would fix this problem.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi! I change lang use hiktools and write firmware 3.1.0. All ok, but in vga out many symbols not correct. And web interface worked correct.
If i write firmware 3.3.2, write ok, but NWR beeping and go reboot after start.
Strange I have the same issue for 3.3.4 (flag set with Hiktools ) from the Euro site version but 3.3.2 all good.

rommycam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Strange I have the same issue for 3.3.4 (flag set with Hiktools ) from the Euro site version but 3.3.2 all good.
@whoslooking

Hi Whoslooking,

On my 7616N-E2/8P 3.3.4 is OK

There are trick to get 3.3.4 work :

For some reason upgrading euro firmware 3.3.2 to 3.3.4 not working.
But from Multilanguage firmware to chinese only is working.
- First put the NVR in 3.3.2 (or lower) multilanguage from euro site (note that multilanguage is require)
- Then upgrade by web-gui the chinese only 3.3.4 from chinese site .

This chinese 3.3.4 firmware had the same build than euro build

Get it from this link:
http://www1.hikvision.com/cn/download_more_699.html#prettyPhoto

On my 7616n-E2 3.3.4 the email-alert still lack the snap-shot.:sad:

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

rommycam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi! I change lang use hiktools and write firmware 3.1.0. All ok, but in vga out many symbols not correct. And web interface worked correct.
If i write firmware 3.3.2, write ok, but NWR beeping and go reboot after start.
@yop3bik

Hi yop3bik,

Just downgrad to 3.0.10 :

-Must use 3.0.10 Multilanguage from euro site.
-Change 3.0.10 language flag to 2 with hiktools
-Downgrading to 3.0.10 using only Hikvision tftp server
-Check that NVR is working after downgrade

Every time change euro or us firmware language flag to 2
-Upgrade now by web-gui to 3.1.0 ---> this will also fix the vga display symbol character
or to 3.3.2 (only 3.3.2, 3.3.4 will make NVR boot/reboot)
-If you like to experience 3.3.4 just read my answer to whoislooking also on this threat

skeet25

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi rommycam,

If I understand your process, you used V3.3.4 Firmware for DS-78xx on your DS-7616N?
I thought the FW had to match the hardware?

rommycam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@skeet25

Yes the Chinese only 78xx 3.3.4 is same build than 76xxNI-E2 euro, my is 76xxN-E2
Note: "NI-E2" vs "N-E2"

No where to find specific 76xxN-E2 firmware.

goessensj

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm thinking to buy a ds-7832n-e2 NVR.
But does it work with all IP cams? Hacked Chinese and English (EU) cams?
i Heard there are problems on some NVR's with hacked cams and some not campable of recording 4MP and higher streams.

I can't find the
7800 series on overseas.hikvision.com.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The 78xx series are Chinese only, product info is found on the Hikvision China website here: http://www1.hikvision.com/cn/prlb_678.html
I have a 7816N-E2/8P and a 7816N-E2, both work well, very stable, good performance.
As with the other models of NVR, the newer versions of firmware have restrictions on camera regions, but cameras from Aliexpress are usually supplied with 'fixed' firmware, so no problems when you leave as-is.

goessensj

n3wb
Reaction score
The 78xx series are Chinese only, product info is found on the Hikvision China website here: http://www1.hikvision.com/cn/prlb_678.html
I have a 7816N-E2/8P and a 7816N-E2, both work well, very stable, good performance.
As with the other models of NVR, the newer versions of firmware have restrictions on camera regions, but cameras from Aliexpress are usually supplied with 'fixed' firmware, so no problems when you leave as-is.
So if someone likes to experiment with firmware upgrades, a Hikvision NVR is not the best choice?
I will have a mix of Chinese and EU cameras.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you have Hikvision cameras and want an NVR, then it's best to stick with Hikvision.

As long as all your cameras are in English then you will be fine. If you are happy playing with the firmware then you can downgrade to a version where it isn't a problem.

scn101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As you know, I'm having a issue with the HV 4MP cameras running FW v5.3.3 and my 7816N-E1 running v3.0.10. I believe I need to upgrade the NVR to a newer FW but don't want to lose its English interface. The rest of my cams are all 3MP with MTD hack to English or running Whoslooking ghost FW. All play well together in English except the 4MP which only shows the substream on the NVR.

So I think I should update the NVR FW to v3.3.4. If I use the Web upgrade I think the English interface will be preserved (I hope) and I think all the CAMs should be ok (no language mismatch). I have used your method to create a backup v3.0.10 FW with mtdblock2 and I exported my settings. So I *think* I can use the TFTP method to restore the NVR should all fail (or do I need rs-232 u-boot access to restore?).

Any advice before I plunder the NVR would be appreciated!

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As you know, I'm having a issue with the HV 4MP cameras running FW v5.3.3 and my 7816N-E1 running v3.0.10. I believe I need to upgrade the NVR to a newer FW but don't want to lose its English interface. The rest of my cams are all 3MP with MTD hack to English or running Whoslooking ghost FW. All play well together in English except the 4MP which only shows the substream on the NVR.

So I think I should update the NVR FW to v3.3.4. If I use the Web upgrade I think the English interface will be preserved (I hope) and I think all the CAMs should be ok (no language mismatch). I have used your method to create a backup v3.0.10 FW with mtdblock2 and I exported my settings. So I *think* I can use the TFTP method to restore the NVR should all fail (or do I need rs-232 u-boot access to restore?).

Any advice before I plunder the NVR would be appreciated!
1) Backup v3.0.10 (done)
2) Download v3.3.2 and install via direct GUI, then reboot and change password
3) Download v3.3.4 and install via web GUI, then reboot and enter password which shouldn't have changed
4) Pray it works (I'll keep my fingers crossed
5) Stop referring to cameras as 4MP v5.3.3, it's confusing. Refer to then with their model name. xxx5 is completely different to xxx2WD but both are 4MP and both are v5.3.3

scn101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I upgraded my NVR FW from 3.0.10 to 3.3.2 via the web interface (Firefox) and the NVR rebooted and remained in English. All my settings were preserved, even my password. I then upgraded to 3.3.4 with the same result. The DS-2CD3345-I 4MP camera was correctly recognized under both of the newer FWs, Main Stream and Substreams are now correct.

Only thing that I've noticed "broken" is the email portion. I have it setup to email me on HDD errors or illegal logins. It will send me an illegal login email if I attempt it from the local interface (VGA interface) but fails to send me an email if I perform an illegal login from the Web interface, which did work on 3.0.10.

All in all I'm very pleased, thanks to all that helped.