DSS Express Replace the SmartPss

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Dahua make a plan to use the DSS express to replace the smartpss, basic function is free. More AI smart function they will charge the cost, This can be good choice for guys who want more AI functions working at their system. I can get some free trail keys for you to try.

DSS Pro also can get, but it's for big project like hundreds cams management.

If any guy want to try the trail keys, just send me a DM.

Andy

Attachments

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I haven’t sell it. Just an optional, smartpss is too old, but we need to test this software if good or not.

Robertomcat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can use it without server.
I have downloaded the software from the official website, but the first option is to install DSS Express Server. What is the option to be able to install only the camera management software, without having the server installed?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have downloaded the software from the official website, but the first option is to install DSS Express Server. What is the option to be able to install only the camera management software, without having the server installed?
You might find that for one camera that the camera GUi is an easier experience to navigate the camera and recordings.

zexoni70

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’m gonna test it if I can get it to install without the server…
I also have the same question, can DSS Express Free version be installed on Windows 11 Pro without installing DSS Server, once 5-6 months ago I tried to install DSS Express but it could not be installed without DSS Server, or I just didn't know how to do it... so I've since given up on even trying to use DSS Express on my PC! :(

By the way, DSS for desktop PC is interesting to me because for SMD it recognizes only human and vehicle separately, while SmartPSS cannot (does not separate)... while the separation of human and vehicle now works perfectly with the DMSS Android APP!

Last edited:

Kil

n3wb
Reaction score
Pretty sure DSS is a whole other beast. It’s been around for a while, I’m gonna test it if I can get it to install without the server…
I installed the server. Which then gave me a download link for the client. After testing it, i uninstalled everything and reinstalled just the client. Can't even get past the login screen with only the client installed. It tells me "Failed to establish the service adress link"

It seems like it won't do anything without the server installed. I see Andy said it will, so correct me if i'm wrong, anyone.