Dumb question...

ipcamal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When using direct to disk, make sure in your camera settings, you match the iframe interval to your fps...also in blue iris in the record tab set the pretrigger frames to at least 2x your fps. This is important because in direct to disk mode blue iris begins recording when a new iframe is sent.
So if I have fps set to 15 pretrigger frame should be 30?

randyth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Some users are concerned that the may miss motion events, this happens if the threshold is set too high, the user is incorrectly using an option like object detect. Also, you can have an instance where the subject is just standing/sitting pretty still (using their cell phone or something) and not generating enough motion to trigger recording.
Good explanation!
I'm curious, what is your opinion on that scenario?
Do you think it's useful? Have you ever used both motion and recording simultaneously?

Personally I think it would be useful (as motions aren't that reliable. I only have experience with in-cam motion though).

TIM0089

n3wb
Reaction score
@fenderman How is the cloned camera setup you described above, different from Triggered + Continous mode of recording?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@fenderman How is the cloned camera setup you described above, different from Triggered + Continous mode of recording?
very different..triggered +continuous is a special use case as explained in the help file..most folks confuse it an think its to be used when you want continuous recording and triggered alerts or markings that is not the case..you wont get the recordings you want...all you need to do for that is set to continuous, the motion alerts and markings will still be there.

TIM0089

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, I read the help file again and got it. The naming is a bit confusing.

If you can get motion alerts and markings when you do continuous recording, then why do you need another cloned camera with 'triggered' setting? Is it just to create separate video files for motion events that can be archived separately?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, I read the help file again and got it. The naming is a bit confusing.

If you can get motion alerts and markings when you do continuous recording, then why do you need another cloned camera with 'triggered' setting? Is it just to create separate video files for motion events that can be archived separately?
you dont..the op had a unique request...