DVR brick recovery failing....

Citylap

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I bought a Hikvision DVR last week and bricked it when I tried to update it with a wrong firmware. The problem is that when I use TFTP to recover it, it starts transmitting digicap.dav, and....starts again. And again. It keeps doing that. I have the 192.0.0.128 TFTP, and a successful ping on 192.0.0.64, but it keeps failing. Can you help me please?
My DVR is a DS-7208HGHI-F1

Thank you.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
starts transmitting digicap.dav, and....starts again. And again. It keeps doing that.
It's in a bootloop.
So it starts booting, hits a problem where it can't continue, resets/reboots and the cycle continues.
But without knowing what firmware you are trying to update it with, or what region the DVR is, it's hard to give useful guidance.
The non-CN firmware can be downloaded from here : DOWNLOAD PORTAL
or here, 4th from the bottom : Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.

cliffmmoja

n3wb
Reaction score
i
It's in a bootloop.
So it starts booting, hits a problem where it can't continue, resets/reboots and the cycle continues.
But without knowing what firmware you are trying to update it with, or what region the DVR is, it's hard to give useful guidance.
The non-CN firmware can be downloaded from here : DOWNLOAD PORTAL
or here, 4th from the bottom : Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.
i do have a similar problemi have the right firmware . the dvr even updated the firmware successfully but failed to restart correctly now it is giving me endless loops. i am sure its the right firmware as i confirmed in the website. how can i unbrick this...

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That does appear to be the correct choice of firmware for the model quoted.
But it's quite an old version.

There are newer versions in amongst this lot :
You may have to resort to connecting to the serial console in order to find out what's going wrong.