dyndns

ntenz

n3wb
Reaction score
Been trying to search for this, but can't realy find a good answer.
I'm sure everything is filled out corect but it won't update.
Is this because hikvision camera is just checking the ip on the network interface of the camera and not using http://checkip.dyndns.org/ to verify ip change?
If that's the case, kind of stupid when the camera is on LAN and the ip localy will never change.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Was hopeing not to need to do that, since i pay for dyndns pro and use it for several other things that work great, only hikvision i have problem with
You dont need to use the camera, use your router to update...
post an image of your cameras network settings.

ntenz

n3wb
Reaction score
You dont need to use the camera, use your router to update...
post an image of your cameras network settings.
I know that i don't need the camera to update, but the function is there so i want it to work.
My router is updating one dyndns host.
The reason i want the camera to update too is if it get stolen and someone tries it on a network i will have their ip. And this is working on every singel little device i have here, except my stuff with hikvision logos on it.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If that's the case, kind of stupid when the camera is on LAN and the ip localy will never change.
Hardly ...
@fenderman advice on that is correct. That's what you should do. You only need to have it done from one device, the router is the most logical.
But anyway - your camera needs to be able to resolve internet domains to IP addresses, so it's likely a camera network setup problem.
You can confirm this for example by using the Test button for the internet NTP service - and if that fails as expected, check out your DNS settings.
If you are using the DNS relay in your gateway - try using Google's 8.8.8.8 instead.

Last edited by a moderator: