Easiest cameras to disable IR on the fly?

JackBauer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So the camera I will soon buy will be posted right above the center of my front door - literally maybe a foot above the door frame or less.

I abhor spiders and have no desire to be walking into them... While I'm planning on getting a turret as recommended by most to avoid spiders...

I still think they may make their way over and try to setup a home base. I'd like a camera that I could easily turn off the IR without rebooting the camera.

Does such a camera exist where I could just turn on and off the IR from a web or app interface?

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So the camera I will soon buy will be posted right above the center of my front door - literally maybe a foot above the door frame or less.

I abhor spiders and have no desire to be walking into them... While I'm planning on getting a turret as recommended by most to avoid spiders...

I still think they may make their way over and try to setup a home base. I'd like a camera that I could easily turn off the IR without rebooting the camera.

Does such a camera exist where I could just turn on and off the IR from a web or app interface?

Thanks!
You can enable and disable IR on the hikvisions from the web interface without a reboot.

JackBauer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is it pretty much instantaneous? Click or unclick a checkbox and done?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
In most cams IRs can be disabled via app or web interface. There is 1-2 second transition period when you enable/disable IR and camera adjusts.

Razer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Are spiders an issue with IR? :sad2:
Yes. So much yes.

I have IR disabled completely on every single IP camera now as it is not worth the hassle. I have several hundred cameras.