EasyIP 1+ / 2+ / 3 /4

thelawnet

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm looking at these cameras.

So far I see:

1.0+ has H.265+, line crossing, intrusion detection. 1/2.8" sensor, 2 megapixels. Not all models have SD card slots. 30m IR range claimed
Example: DS-2CD2121G0-I(W)(S) 2 MP IR Fixed Dome Network Camera-Hikvision Indonesia

2.0+ has same features, plus all have SD card slots. 2mp (mostly 1/2.8"), 4mp (1/3"), 6mp (1/2.9"), 8mp (1/2.5"). Adds face detection. Price around 40% higher. E.g. DS-2CD2123G0-I(S) 2 MP IR Fixed Dome Network Camera-Hikvision Indonesia

3.0 has same features, plus 'Darkfighter', object removal detection, unattended baggage detection, scene change detection. The 4mp models are 1/2.5", and the 2 and 3mp 1/2.8" E.g. DS-2CD2125FWD-I(S) 2 MP IR Fixed Dome Network Camera-Hikvision Indonesia

4.0 is the same plus stronger IR range, supposedly (either 50 or 80m). Price around 10% higher than EasyIP 3.0. 2mp is 1/2.8" , 4mp is 1/2.7". E.g., DS-2CD2126G1-I(S) 2 MP IR Fixed Dome Network Camera-Hikvision Indonesia

Does anyone know if there is a quality difference between 1.0+ and 2.0+? And how about between 2.0+ and 3.0? The 3.0 has 'Darkfighter' but I'm not sure what that means in practice (I'm assuming the 4mp 1/2.5" option is better for night vision than 2mp or 3mp 1/2.8"?)

How would you choose between 2, 3 and 4mp for these models in general?

thelawnet

n3wb
Reaction score
I was looking mostly at sensor size tbh.

I see there are some EasyIP 3.0 (G1) 1/2" 8mp models as well. Presumably these would have best quality.

I can't find any information on which specific sensor (Sony IMX etc.) is used

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I was looking mostly at sensor size tbh.
Don't forget to factor in the number of pixels, too ... sensor size plus that will determine pixel size, which plays an important role with low-light image quality. Larger pixels do better...

For low-light, It's hard for a larger megapixel sensor to out-perform the 2MP 1/2.8" sensor. I don't think I've seen an example of one successfully doing that.

Dahua recently announced cameras that use an even bigger 4MP 1/1.8" sensor. Its specs show its minimum illumination requirements beat the 2MP 1/2.8", so a lot of folks here are waiting to get their hands on this model and see if it truly does better!

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
:welcome:

My standard welcome to the forum message.

Please read the cliff notes and other items in the wiki. The wiki is in the blue bar at the top of the page.

Read How to Secure Your Network (Don't Get Hacked!) in the wiki also.

Quick start
1) Use Dahua starlight cameras or Hikvision darkfighter cameras or ICPT Night eye cameras (https://store.ipcamtalk.com/) if you need good low light cameras.
2) use a VPN to access home network (openVPN)
3) Do not use wifi cameras.
4) Do not use cloud storage
5) Do Not use uPNP, P2P, QR, do not open ports,
6) More megapixel is not necessarily better.
7) Avoid chinese hacked cameras (most ebay, amazon, aliexpress cameras(not all, but most))
8) Do not use reolink, ring, nest cameras (they are junk)
9) If possible use a turret camera , bullet collect spiders, dome collect dirt and reflect light (IR)
10) Use only solid copper, AWG 23 or 24 ethernet wire. , no CCA (Copper Clad Aluminum)

Read,study,plan before spending money ..... plan plan plan

quick comment ... do not believe the manufacture specs. Read reviews and look at video on this forum.