EasyPTZ: a new simple camera viewer for Windows

RickCJ7

n3wb
Reaction score
I added a new camera, and I came here to report that updating the config file does not get updated. I see that you are aware of it. I will try to copy the .txt file to the appdata cache location to see if that fixes it.

wrybread

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sorry about that, I really need to fix that. In the meantime the workaround is to run it as admin. You can right click and choose properties and set it to run as admin if you want to run as admin every time. Or maybe you can just run it as admin when you want to edit the config.

Last edited:

RickCJ7

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry about that, I really need to fix that. In the meantime the workaround is to run it as admin. You can right click and choose properties and set it to run as admin if you want to run as admin every time. Or maybe you can just run it as admin when you want to edit the config.
Changing the properties to Run as Administrator seems to work good. When I make a change to the config file that way, it takes. Thanks for the suggestion! Me too, just like @42er, use your app everyday! :)

RickCJ7

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm now noticing two of my cameras are only showing snap shots rather than video when I click on them. I have another friend who is using EasyPTZ as well, and they notice the same thing on two of three cameras. Anyone else having this issue?

wrybread

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That's strange. Are there any clues in the log? You can look at that by clicking file > show log.

wrybread

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That's odd. I wonder what would happen if you saved your config file and reinstalled and then copied it back over?

RickCJ7

n3wb
Reaction score
I removed the program, re-install with resetting the config file and copied my settings back. I get the same thing. I then re-arranged the order to see if it only happens on cameras 1 and 2, I moved them to 3 and 4, but they still only show a still image. Hmm, maybe I need to reboot my cameras. I'll do that tonight and let you know.

42er

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello wrybread,

I hope you are doing good.

Is it somehow possible, to implement a "little tour", that cameras and/or presets changes within this one windows window?

Options:

Showing time: x seconds (eg. 3 seconds)
Camera: X; Preset: X
Camera: Y; Preset: Y
Camera: Z; Preset: Z, ...
Playbutton
Stopbutton (or ESC) should stop at the actual view

Regards 42er

RickCJ7

n3wb
Reaction score
I removed the program, re-install with resetting the config file and copied my settings back. I get the same thing. I then re-arranged the order to see if it only happens on cameras 1 and 2, I moved them to 3 and 4, but they still only show a still image. Hmm, maybe I need to reboot my cameras. I'll do that tonight and let you know.
So I rebooted my cameras, that didn't help. The odd thing is, when I copied the rtsp string into VideoLAN network stream, it was streaming real time.

42er

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Wrybread,

I hope you are doing great. :wave:

Do you think, you can spend some programming time for some add. features to EasyPTZ?

On my wishlist is:

1) Focus +/- (like zoom)
2) "little tour" as I wrote in Post #111
3) IR Light on/off only (no adjustment in percentage)

That would be wonderfull.

Thanks in advanced and looking forward to it.

42er

wrybread

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
> 1) Focus +/- (like zoom)

That's already possible using the [ and ] keyboard keys (or right joystick left/right), but oops I see that the ] key wasn't responding. Fixed in v0.904:

Is it somehow possible, to implement a "little tour", that cameras and/or presets changes within this one windows window?

Options:

Showing time: x seconds (eg. 3 seconds)
Camera: X; Preset: X
Camera: Y; Preset: Y
Camera: Z; Preset: Z, ...
Playbutton
Stopbutton (or ESC) should stop at the actual view
It's already possible to do a little tour through specific presets of the same camera, I'll see about adding camera switching. '