Email issues with DS-2CD2132F-I cams on v5.4.5 fw

GSB1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have DS-2CD2132F-I camera on v5.4.5 build 170123 firmware.

I have been using a BT SMTP server with SSL until now for email alerts.

I have to move away from BT as my ISP so I am preparing to lose my BT account.

On the v5.4.5 firmware I have options in the configuration for TLS, but cannot get any of my gmail accounts to work (they work via other clients and I have the less secure option enabled). The test fails. I have also tried an Outlook.com account and a Yandex account (which only needs SSL not TLS). The smtp credentials work fine, but not via the camera. With the Yandex account I get incorrect user name or password, even though I know it is correct.

Anyone know a free TLS or SSL smtp service that works with Hikvision 2xx2 devices on 5.4.5 fw?

I only use the alerts for any storage disconnection issues etc, it's not firing out motion detection alerts all day.

I've done a lot of testing over the last 48 hours and tried all I can think of. Variations of configs, reboot cams after config change etc. I remembered to temporarily relax my firewall rules on my router (cams are locked down to DNS IP address and NTP and SLL/TLS ports outbound only) to check I wasn't blocking myself, but it's not that. I've tried setting the config via IVMS-4200 and the browser interface. I've also read a lot of posts on the subject. Results and success seem very varied.

Any tips or ideas appreciated.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score

GSB1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes that included TLS and port 587 for the Gmail SMTP.

For my camera IP firewall filter rules, the first rule is block everything internet bound. I disabled this while testing just to ensure not the problem.

GSB1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Got there! Gmail with TLS now working.

So for some reason applying the configuration via iVMS-4200 was not working. Before when using the browser, I was using Chrome. I thought the plug-in I was missing was for video feed only. I read a reference on this forum suggesting this was not true and it affected config menus as well. I had the save button and everything appeared to be Ok in CHrome, hence I did not think until I read that.

I tried via IE (with the plug-in installed), saved the config and hey presto all good.

Reaction score
Dear All,

Is anyone experiencing difficulties with Gmail and Yahoo? I have been trying to set my NVR to send emails for almost 3 days trying all possible combinations with no luck.

My NVR is DS-7716NI-E4 and the firmware i have is the latest : V3.4.92. The SMTP settings here dont show the TLS option.
On the camera 2CD2642 which has the latest firmware V5.5.0, the SMTP settings INCLUDE the TLS option.

What I tried so far:
On Gmail : enabled apps with low security, enabled app password, generated a password
On NVR : all possible combinations of SSL (no TLS here), port 465, 587, with SSL and without, FAIL FAIL FAIL
On Camera : all possible combinations of SSL AND TLS, port 465, 587, with STARTTLS and without, ALL FAIL FAIL FAIL

On Yahoo : enabled apps with low security
On Camera : SUCCESS with these settings : smtp.mail.yahoo.com / 587 / TLS / Enable STARTTLS
On NVR : all fail since there is no TLS

The camera and NVR are on same network, with same allowances from router, so this eliminates any problem resulting from router blocking or anything, since the camera worked with Yahoo.

Any suggestions please?