EmpireTech's got Hikvision Cameras?! (IPC-T2347G-LU)

pinko

Known around here
Reaction score
First I thought I was going mad. Spotted a few Hikvision Cameras on Andy's Aliexpress store.
Empiretech only sells Dahua Cams right? ......
I shot Andy off a message to find out what was going on.
He showed me some color low light footage of this new IPC-T2347G-LU . Mind blown! Ordered one on the spot.

I'm not in the market for any cams at the moment. I just pulled the trigger on a super PTZ a few days ago. Hell, I don't even know where I'm going to install this camera. :D

Anyway, here are the specs and links.Will post some video and images in the next week or so when the camera arrives.

IPC-T2347G-LU
Hikvision 4MP IPC-T2347G-LU ColorVu Fixed Turret

T2347G-LU.jpghikspec.png
data.png

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Those specs look excellent, especially the low-light capability.

I've decided it's time to move on from the 2MP ultra-low-light IP cams now that there are higher-resolution ultra-low-light devices appearing.
This does look like a good candidate for me.

pinko

Known around here
Reaction score
I've decided it's time to move on from the 2MP ultra-low-light IP cams now that there are higher-resolution ultra-low-light devices appearing.
This tech is moving along at a good pace. If the test footage I viewed is any indication of what's coming from Dahua & Hikvision, It's time for me to put my 2MP low-light bias aside.

Found a rather polished promo/demo of ColorVu. It's marketing fodder/ eye candy. I don't expect results like this, but still looks pretty good.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
He showed me some color low light footage of this new IPC-T2347G-LU . Mind blown! Ordered one on the spot.
I might be confused, but spec wise this looks like the Dahua 4MP Starlight+ Full-color model.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I might be confused, but spec wise this looks like the Dahua 4MP Starlight+ Full-color model.

The hikvision 4mp full color one has no ir light or led light. It's working bit well, and has big difference on the low light working.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
This tech is moving along at a good pace. If the test footage I viewed is any indication of what's coming from Dahua & Hikvision, It's time for me to put my 2MP low-light bias aside.

Found a rather polished promo/demo of ColorVu. It's marketing fodder/ eye candy. I don't expect results like this, but still looks pretty good.

Lets not forget thats a professionally produced Marketing video. There's some discussion on IPVM about the shadows and lighting in the background and foreground...

nearyj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

pinko

Known around here
Reaction score
These use an always on supplemental light
EDIT: An "Always on light" that can be turned OFF is not an "Always on light". Someone please explain the concept of on and off to this guy. :p
In the video you posted it shows the LED lights can be turned on and off and adjusted via camera GUI. (@6:49)
I also checked local pricing. I found Empiretech had a better price. You also get Andy's Legendary after sales support. That's something I'd happily pay a premium for.

Last edited:

nearyj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't think that's quite correct.
In the video you posted it shows the LED lights can be turned on and off and adjusted via camera GUI. (@6:49)
I also checked local pricing. I found Empiretech had a better price. You also get Andy's Legendary after sales support. That's something I'd happily pay a premium for.
Out of the box the supplemental light is on by default and of course can be switched on or off , but whilst it may be very good in very low light the marketing video (a few posts above) clearly shows shadows in the black and white shots from a light source on the opposite side of the camera view and when it switches to color that is the supplemental light activated,

nearyj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Exactly, so it's not an always on supplemental light. :D
It is if you want it to perform as i the marketing video above, it does not turn on and off when movement is detected like a security light.

nearyj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I really don't know what your point is , are you saying it will display a color picture in darkness as Empire candy wrote ''ColorVu will be no LED or IR''or that the supplemental light comes on when motion is detected to give the color picture ?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I really don't know what your point is , are you saying it will display a color picture in darkness as Empire candy wrote ''ColorVu will be no LED or IR''or that the supplemental light comes on when motion is detected to give the color picture ?
Will have testing/review here soon, just wait it for days.