Enable Event-Triggered Snapshot on DS-2CD2032-I

guk

n3wb
Reaction score
I’m not sure if I’m missing some settings to get ”Event-Triggered Snapshot” working, as I have it enabled, but it never saves any images, even though motion detected video is saving ok, as are timed snapshots.

Is it a case or one or the other with these cameras? Or should it be possible to have snapshots saved on motion events the same time video is being saved?

What I want to do is setup a local FTP server where the folder is monitored by Dropbox.
I need something in place whereby images are swiftly uploaded and synced to the cloud so I can still view images in the event that equipment is stolen.

Camera: DS-2CD2032-I (V5.2.5 build 141201)

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Does your NAS storage destination for the event snapshots and recordings show as 'Initiallised'?
What size was the volume that you formatted?
For the common firmware, the volume size needs to be less that about 200GB for the camera to be able to use it.

guk

n3wb
Reaction score
Does your NAS storage destination for the event snapshots and recordings show as 'Initiallised'?
What size was the volume that you formatted?
For the common firmware, the volume size needs to be less that about 200GB for the camera to be able to use it.
Everything seems to be in order, as my motion video saves correctly to the drive, just not snapshots. It’s on a 400gb partition and that seems to be working well for video.

I thought perhaps the camera is only able to save one or the other, either video or snapshots, but not both?

Attachments