Enclosure and solid IR filter questions

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I placed the order for the IR light 2 days ago and paid $20 to get 3-7 day shipping. It has changed status from Verifying Payment to seller is processing order. For future reference, is there a faster way to get shipments? Maybe one form of payment is processed faster than another (I like having credit card protection though), maybe it is dependent on the seller?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
you just paid for quicker shipping method, wha'd the processing time say?

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just looked at that, it says it ships within 5 business days. Thanks for helping me notice the writing on the wall, so to speak. I hope it delivers by next weekend.

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So the IR light arrived at my house yesterday. I will be home on Friday and I hope to install this over the weekend. The old camera used auto iris via the image sensor (see pic in OP), not the lens. The lens is manual iris. Is this cam likely to work in day and night or am I only going to be able to do one well? It shows 1/3" 1:14, 5.0mm to 50mm aspherical. I am wondering if I need to get one shipped out, and maybe even reserve the ability to return it. This camera is several hours from me.

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I should have added this one item earlier: @nyar :)

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
it'd help if you spelled it right @frakred :p

Give that lens a go, it should work.. im not sure how great Auto-Iris really is for a LPR camera frankly, in theory it seems like you'd need it... in practice, it auto-iris changes your focal points.. so like I focused my camera in full light on a bright day.. right now its focus is spot on, however right around dawn/dusk before Ive adjusted the focus for night it opens the aperture up, this shrinks my focal point down and some points that were in clear focus earlier in the day are slightly blurry until the IR kicks in.

ive been thinking about disabling auto-iris, but I dont have the desire to mess with the camera right now.. its running good.

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for the super fast response!

Pardon my spelling. That is was my best (indoor) walking and typing Ryan backwards.