Event calendar chart in SmartPSS

mohahn

n3wb
Reaction score
I'd like to give you a small introduction first.

I'd like to install a surveillance solution at home. Therefor I've a small dedicated system running, based on a SoC mainboard with Intel Celeron N3150. So it's really low powered. I want to run 5-7 megapixel IP cams with motion detection. And that's the problem. As motion detection on megapixel streams consumes a lot of CPU, my system is maxed out (with one cam it consumes 25-30% of CPU already).

So I'm not able to use any software out there (like iSpy, Zoneminder, Genius Vision...). The only solution seems to be using SmartPSS from Dahua as I'm going to use Dahua cams only. I like web-based solutions, but ok, as long as it works...

Recording and integrated motion detection from cam work fine and CPU usage is low. But! But, there is no real good overview of events in SmartPSS. Or am I overlooking something? I'd like to have a big calender sheet or timeline with drill down function or something else where I can see all events occured in the last 24 hours, the last week, month or year... Instead one have to select the channels you are interested in, define a time range and click a search button to search for events. The result is a small timeline which is terrible to handle. And when the search result is not as expected and you have to search another time range, than you have to select the relevant channels again. What a big crap. Is there any option for better event handling or search for events?

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The result is a small timeline which is terrible to handle.
I actually prefer to use SmartPSS for playback instead of the OSD on the NVR. If you haven't already realised you can use the scroll wheel on your mouse to zoom into the timeline.

And when the search result is not as expected and you have to search another time range, than you have to select the relevant channels again. What a big crap.
Again, while I like SmartPSS this would be one of my biggest pet hates about it, number of times I go to change a time range only to be told to select a channel... not sure where to provide feedback to see if it can be fixed in a future version.