Events: subscription 00002efd

Reaction score
Hi!
Well, in page messages in my blue iris, show the message in some cameras: Events: subscription 00002efd. This is normal in blue iris?

Attachments

shdwkeeper

n3wb
Reaction score
uncheck get events with pull point in the video>configuration tab.
Is it normal for the Event # to keep going up every second, I have get events with pull point checked because I'm trying to get info from the camera into BlueIris, which I'm having a hard time doing. Not sure what I have wrong here.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
BI tries to get events every few seconds, If the camera is not configured correctly or does not support the feature in ONVIF then you will get the error.

shdwkeeper

n3wb
Reaction score
BI tries to get events every few seconds, If the camera is not configured correctly or does not support the feature in ONVIF then you will get the error.
I have this camera (DS-2DE4A425IW-DE) it should support the Onvif feature. I must have something not configured correctly. In the Onvif device manager I see events happening.

UPDATE: I figured it out

Attachments

Last edited:

crashdox

n3wb
Reaction score
I have this camera (DS-2DE4A425IW-DE) it should support the Onvif feature. I must have something not configured correctly. In the Onvif device manager I see events happening.

Please, given an update on WHAT you figured out... i'm having the same issue.

andycots

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

I have same problem with my Hikivision not sending Onvif, it's always nice when someone finds a solution and doesn't share.

ah23

n3wb
Reaction score
1691761049414.png

I ran into this issue, I resolve the issue, but after finding this thread, I felt I should probably share the fix for the next person that googles this error message.
First up, version information. I'm using BlueIris 5.7.8.3 released 8/4/2023, and 6x HikVision DS-2CD2083G0-I cameras. I suspect that all/most HikVision cameras will be configured in the same manner.

First step, log into your HikVision camera's web interface, go to the "Configuration" tab across the top, go to "Network" on the left, then "Advanced Settings", Select the "Integration Protocol" tab.
Now in the Integration Protocol tab, you need to "Enable Hikvision-CGI with authentication digest/basic (you will get a security warning, I am unsure if digest alone would work, I know that digest/basic does work though, if you have good network isolation, don't worry too much about this).
Next, "Enable ONVIF" mine is version 18.12 for reference.
You then need to create a user; DO use the exact same credential you log into your camera with. For example, if you log in with admin as a user and Password1 as a password, you need to create the same credentials here with at least Operator privileges I believe. I am running my cameras on an isolated vlan so I made my user level administrator, dealers' choice here, it shouldn't be an issue if no one is getting into your network, China probably is, but you're using China cameras anyway so... what's the big difference? :).
Here's a screenshot of my webgui for reference.
1691759633502.png
Note: You may need to reboot your camera after you have enabled all these settings, your PC may be trying to brute force a login if you had previously selected ONVIF so go to "System", "Maintenance", "Reboot Camera" or unplug it and plug it back in.

Ok, you have now enabled ONVIF on the camera successfully.
Optional: Let's make sure it's working.
If you want to verify it, I suggest this tool ONVIF Device Manager download | SourceForge.net you do NOT need to do this, it just is nice to know for sure you got it.
When you open this tool, you'll see your cameras populate on the left if you enabled ONVIF successfully however you've NOT tested yet. To test, enter your camera's ONVIF credentials you just created into the top left where it asks for a user and password. Once you have logged in you should see firmware information about your cameras, then you can see the mainStream info, see screenshot. If you see video, you're in buttersville!
IF you see an error about login attempts in this software, reboot your cameras! BlueIris may still be trying to force it's way in, so you may have to disable ONVIF in BlueIris or just close it while you test this.
1691759865181.png

Last up, configuring BlueIris with your camera. If you already have a camera active, you need go to your camera settings, video, Network IP, Configure. If you configured everything correctly, just slap that "find/inspect" on the IP address of your camera with the username/password you used to log into your camera + setup your ONVIF user as in the camera. It "SHOULD" populate all the options you need at that moment. I'm going to drop a screenshot here though of what a working config looks like for me. Take note, I am using SubStreams, you don't have to, and by default it won't enable the substream channel, just hit the dropdown and it should have snagged all the stream options from your camera. I'm doing it so I can use the substream to record normally, and when an event is triggered, pop onto the main stream and get good quality.

1691760096128.png

If you followed everything here, you should be able to ok (then ok again, then come back to camera settings, I'm not sure if it saves the first time, I did it to be sure). Now back in the camera settings get yourself to the "Trigger" tab, enable "ONVIF/camera events" and "configure" which is probably where you found the error message anyway, but now you should see something along these lines.
1691760267303.png

Last but not least, you DO have to setup alerts on your camera for things like motion if your end goal here was to have the camera handle the triggering events, not BlueIris, that's what I was doing this for, because I have enough cameras I needed the substream option working, and once I got that BlueIris wasn't triggering as nicely as I wanted, so I found you can pass camera motion through via ONVIF.

Have a fantastic day! If I see any replies here, I'll do my best to answer any questions as they come up.

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Wow! Thanks for providing so much great info.. I love the "internet forum" meme too.

tminator

n3wb
Reaction score
@ah23
I created an account just so I could say Thank you. The documentation you created for your solution worked perfectly for mine as well. I appreciate you sharing your experience. Cheers!
Terry

Reaction score
I've read a few threads that mention using "Onvif device manager" as I'm just starting learn more about Onvif. I just tried to download the app from the link provided above (ODM) but when I try to download it I get the following error message:

Downloads for this software project are not currently enabled.

Is there anywhere else I can get it? I tried Googling and found a Githib link but it looks like it's only the code and not the compiled executable. A few other sites look shady.

Also, what OS is needed to run it? Can I install it on my BI box (Win 10 Pro)?

Thanks.

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
and once I got that BlueIris wasn't triggering as nicely as I wanted, so I found you can pass camera motion through via ONVIF.
Hmm...can you elaborate here a bit? I followed all the rest of your post (it's the same procedure I have used as well), but you lost me here: as far as I know only the triggers are passed along via ONVIF, not the actual motion stream, but I'd love to hear otherwise if there is a better solution.

ah23

n3wb
Reaction score
I've read a few threads that mention using "Onvif device manager" as I'm just starting learn more about Onvif. I just tried to download the app from the link provided above (ODM) but when I try to download it I get the following error message:

Downloads for this software project are not currently enabled.

Is there anywhere else I can get it? I tried Googling and found a Githib link but it looks like it's only the code and not the compiled executable. A few other sites look shady.

Also, what OS is needed to run it? Can I install it on my BI box (Win 10 Pro)?

Thanks.
I think whoever was developing it ended up stopping development. I've dropped the installer on my onedrive here. odm-v2.2.250.msi this is the same version that I used.
ONVIF seems to be a camera communication standard, and it's up to the camera and software manufactures to implement it how they would like.

ah23

n3wb
Reaction score
Hmm...can you elaborate here a bit? I followed all the rest of your post (it's the same procedure I have used as well), but you lost me here: as far as I know only the triggers are passed along via ONVIF, not the actual motion stream, but I'd love to hear otherwise if there is a better solution.
You are correct in your understanding, what I wasn't aware of is I could setup motion triggers on my cameras, and in the camera settings it states "trigger an ONVIF event" which allowed me to not use motion setting in BlueIris, but have it read the ONVIF stream that the camera was sending which included the motion trigger.

rs8769

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there a separate ONVIF message for a confirmed object (person, vehicle) or only motion in general? I'm trying to reduce the load on AI and rely on some of the cameras to detect objects, and use that confirmed ONVIF trigger to send an Alert through BI. Thanks

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Is there a separate ONVIF message for a confirmed object (person, vehicle) or only motion in general? I'm trying to reduce the load on AI and rely on some of the cameras to detect objects, and use that confirmed ONVIF trigger to send an Alert through BI. Thanks
There's not a specific IVS/ONVIF event for person or vehicle. But you can do effectively that by setting up an IVS rule to only trigger on person/auto and then passing that to BI.

Not needed to do in this case but on the BI side you also can distinguish different types of ONVIF events and use them or not. In the settings for a cam, look under Trigger, Configure button next to the checkbox for ONVIF/Camera events.