Everything was running fine then ..

Bigdog

n3wb
Reaction score
I was up and running after upgrading to 15 with no problems (5 cameras, LAN connected) when I attempted to add a new camera, a Dericam S2C . Got everything setup per their instructions and the attempted to add the camera to BI. I got to the part to find/inspect and there were no cameras listed, but the 5 current camera's are performing fine.

I know this is probably operator error on my part but I can't seem to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Do you know the ip address of the new cam? Are you able to access it from a browser?

Bigdog

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you know the ip address of the new cam? Are you able to access it from a browser?
Yes, and I can "see" the camera on the Dericam web site. What is also baffling is NONE of my cameras are showing in the list although everything is running fine. I've never encountered this before.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I started with the Dericam cameras. I have places all of them in the dumpster.
If You can see the camera from the dericam web site you have a BIG SECURITY PROBLEM your home network is exposed. How did you define the camera to the website, P2P, open port, scan a QR code ... ?

Bigdog

n3wb
Reaction score
I was up and running after upgrading to 15 with no problems (5 cameras, LAN connected) when I attempted to add a new camera, a Dericam S2C . Got everything setup per their instructions and the attempted to add the camera to BI. I got to the part to find/inspect and there were no cameras listed, but the 5 current camera's are performing fine.

I know this is probably operator error on my part but I can't seem to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.
Yes, and I can "see" the camera on the Dericam web site. What is also baffling is NONE of my cameras are showing in the list although everything is running fine. I've never encountered this before.

Bigdog

n3wb
Reaction score
There once was a TV series call connections whose main theme was to demonstrate how seemingly unrelated events led to unexpected outcomes. Here's my connection story:

1) Daughter # 2 breakes up with boyfriend and moves back home ( not an infrequent occurrence ).
2) It is decided by powers beyond my control, but who must be obeyed that she will stay in my office rather than her old room.
3) in my office is a feed to our house LAN via a tp-link powerline adapter plugged into an outlet in the bathroom which is connected to a camera just outside my office door. seeing no convenient place to plug in her hairdryer daughter # 2 installs a "three way plug" ( actually some sort of serge protector device) then plugs the LAN unit into the device then into the electrical outlet.. BI can no longer discover any of the cameras in the system.

Couldn't happen you say. I was able to repeat the phenomena several times. With the serge protector gone everything is back to normal including the new camera.

I guess like some Englishman once said "All's well that ends well.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Couldn't happen you say. I was able to repeat the phenomena several times. With the serge protector gone everything is back to normal including the new camera.
Its not a phenomena, the instructions to powerline adapters tell you not to use a surge protector.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Glad all is well again and thanks for telling us what's what, but call me vexed....

Post #1 stated ".....I got to the part to find/inspect and there were no cameras listed, but the 5 current camera's are performing fine" while post #7 states that ".. BI can no longer discover any of the cameras in the system. "

Are you saying that with the surge protector in place that all the existing cameras still worked but only the "discovery" function was inoperative?