EXIR Turret Camera's 2335 v 3335?

Woody3

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Been browsing the forums for a while now, so thought it was about time I signed myself up, before I pull the trigger on some new cameras!

Currently got a Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2/8P/A V.3.3.4 NVR

Cameras that I am considering are the EXIR turret cameras (and maybe some mini-domes if these look too big). Anyway, I'm struggling to work out what will be compatible with my NVR (I'm in the UK btw).

What is the difference between this 2335:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HIKVISION-DS-2CD2335-I-IP66-HD-3MP-Dome-Camera-4mm-DS-2CD2332-I-Replacement-/271907848072?hash=item3f4ef87f88:g:aMsAAOSwdsFUObIm

AND

this 3335:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hikvision-DS-2CD3335-I-Replace-DS-2CD3332-I-Full-HD-1080P-POE-IR-IP-CCTV-Camera-/321949508370?hash=item4af5afa312:g:t4UAAOSwEgVWSB-O

Ideally I want the metal casings (like the 2332), as opposed to plastic type, but neither give details in their spec.

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Would like to spend <£90 per camera, if possible.

Many Thanks!

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
3xx5 are the consumer cams in China. Usually have plastic base, 1 year warranty, ip66, cheaper.

2xx5 are distribution cams. Usually have metal base, 2 year warranty, ip67, a bit more expensive.

Those prices are horrible btw. You can easily get a 2335 for 60 pounds delivered from aliexpress, or as low as 40 pounds (ex shipping) from taobao. Can make massive savings there if buying more than 1.
They're both Chinese cams, the UK seller on ebay is a reseller who's jacked up the price. Both will work on your NVR as they'll be multi language, but the camera can't be updated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yikes those prices are horrible. Why not get a DS-2CD2120F-I ? That's in your budget.

3335 is smaller than 2335 I think.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yikes those prices are horrible. Why not get a DS-2CD2120F-I ? That's in your budget.

3335 is smaller than 2335 I think.
The 2120 isn't a turret it is a dome.

I am looking for three new cameras myself and seems that turret is the popular choice these days. I have two domes and will see how the spiders, dust etc work out.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes it's a dome but it will work with his NVR, the other option is a DS-2CD2332-I but it's £20 more than the OPs budget unless you want to buy a camera via Aliexpress which I would recommend over getting them for 50% more on eBay.

Woody3

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies chaps.

I have no idea why, but I linked the wrong 2335. The ones I've seen are at £60 each, which I assume is more in line with what I can get from Aliexpress?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321934037670?euid=795398a897a945808e8ef1953884a95a&cp=1&exe=12742&ext=32470&sojTags=exe=exe,ext=ext

Having said that, I'm quite open to ideas with the choice of camera. I only picked the turret through recommendation, due to them being 3mp and having a 30m IR range (I live rurally with not much artificial light at night).

Smaller the better really.

The following is what I have considered:
- DS-2CD2335-I (as above - ideally wanted something smaller, but can't seem to match the spec)
- DS-2CD2532F-I (3mp Mini Dome, but only 10m IR Range - approx £90/each)
- DS-2CD2132F, which I believe is the 3mp version of the DS-2CD2120F-I, but discounted them because they were a similar price to the Mini Dome. Dropping down to 2mp, would I notice the difference?

Thanks again!

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
2335 get from aliexpress, that is eBay but shipped from China!

2532 IR is terrible, it's a porch camera really

DS-2CD2120F-I I prefer to 2132F, most of us run our 3MP cameras at 2MP. Will you notice the difference, short answer is no.

You will probably need better lighting if you live rurally no matter what version you buy.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
2335 get from aliexpress, that is eBay but shipped from China!

2532 IR is terrible, it's a porch camera really

DS-2CD2120F-I I prefer to 2132F, most of us run our 3MP cameras at 2MP. Will you notice the difference, short answer is no.

You will probably need better lighting if you live rurally no matter what version you buy.
You will find that Aliexpress its is very rare to find branded "Hikvision" now. You will notice except on very high end models that no where do they claim Hikvision or say it on the cameras themselves. I just tried to order two models and I asked specifically for Hikvision only and then after order was told only "no name" brand knock offs are available. They said Hikvision corp closed down the resellers. I would suggest that you are only getting good copies counterfeit. I was useing Xinray as my supplier but, no longer can I get Hik cameras.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I used Xinray in the past, so would trust if they say negative things like this. Worrying.

I don't buy from Hikvision from China anymore, it's almost as cheap (after tax and express shipping) to get it local.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I used Xinray in the past, so would trust if they say negative things like this. Worrying.

I don't buy from Hikvision from China anymore, it's almost as cheap (after tax and express shipping) to get it local.
Yes, I really liked them as well, they were fast and helpful. I noticed all their pictures had removed Hikvison so I asked and originally was told they would still be Hik but, then during their break time which is now was told cameras no longer Hikvision. Although they still use all the model numbers in their adds. I would buy from the approved suppliers on this site but, I'm in Canada and the freight and customs fees are equal to price of camera (plus 35% exchange) not even in ball park. Funny that they can ship via China(free postal in that country I guess) I get no customs fees as it seems our borders don't pay much attention on duties from China but like to beat up on U.S imports (free trade not working) Ultimately I get two cameras for price of one from China so could technically throw one away if it went bad as opposed to service.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I would suggest that you are only getting good copies counterfeit.
There is zero evidence of anything like this - these are complex electronic items, not handbags or xiaomi bands.
While it is accepted that many sellers use subterfuge such as 'Hik vision' and painting over brand names to defeat simple searches, there is no shortage of Aliexpress sources for Hikvision products, despite Hikvision's attempts to suppress them.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Lol ok but, clearly here is the evidence on the supplier that we were discussing. Try to find Hikvision anywhere other that the high end or U'S versions that are very close to North America pricing anyway? you tell me every picture the brand is wiped even in the spec sheets. Not sure if you are referring to the $300 plus range or what appears to be the U.S white boxes which as stated you can find still. But, to the point if you were paying that much may aswell buy from local ( in Canada anyway) Also, for evidence of counterfeit as I have pointed out before on Aliexpress just type in "American Silver Eagle" which you may be familar with if you are in U.S. or buy solid gold bars on there if you want to save 3000% .I will also try to cut and paste the message from this supplier today referencing that Hikvision no longer available and only "no name" brand (brown boxes I used to get with Hikvision on label no longer available)wink wink
As far as complex items to copy you should read more as they copy everything and I mean everything in China there are no limits as it can be anything as remember they have counterfeit "Apple" stores not just the products in the store all Apple but, the entire stores.

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/04/09/chinas-craziest-counterfeits.html

I bet an Apple watch is harder to copy than a 3mp camera would you not agree ?

or is a IPHONE 6 less complex than a Hikvision camera ? I would think so,

Lol always remember that they do not respect international counterfeit laws nor can they be charged as they are communist. I know you might come back and say the cameras I did buy maybe counterfeit as well but, at the time at least I had a label and the cover on the camera that said "Hikvision" which I admit may have provided me a false hope. I will also recognize that their copies are so good some time they even work as well as the original. But, to the original point seems that Hikvision is cracking down on their local mini distribution channels as I originally commented such as seen here on XinRay who I really liked.

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cC7mGqMg

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thats correct notta, and look at my comment above and just a week ago all those ads had Hikvision on the cameras and in the ads. You have to admit if they can copy an entire store and everything in the store then what does "complex" mean to you ? LOL
Its funny that today compared to when I grew up you could not believe everything you read now you can't believe what you see or what you have in your own hands.
BTW Scotland rocks...I am far removed Cdn Scot here.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I was referring specifically to fake Hikvision cameras - we do know that the Chinese are masters at counterfeiting in general - where it is feasible / worthwhile.
The fake Apple stores were a classic example - even the employees didn't realise they were not actually working for Apple.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've found loads of Hikvision for sale with the logo blurred out from sellers that are good. I don't think this is an issue and I will continue to say buy from Aliexpress where it is much much cheaper but buy local if after tax it's only 10 to 20% more and get a local warranty.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you have a suggestion from a supplier you trust I would appreciate a link , thanks in advance = as I am still a cheap Scot

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, despite some negative recommendations from some posts on this forum, I've had reliable service and good pricing for NVRs and cameras from CSST Wholesale Market, here: http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cDVz3eLI
Right now the store is empty as many others are while they are enjoying their New Year break.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Got my original Chinese Hikvision NVR from CSST ages ago. Didn't realise back then it was Chinese but has been fine so no complaints!

You're not going to get the same service buying from Aliexpress than local, so adjust expectations accordingly.

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The cameras aren't fakes. For one, the prices on aliexpress aren't even suspiciously cheap compared to what they sell for on Chinese sites where they're still proudly branded as 100% original hikvision. Secondly, they have the entire hikvision ranges, fakes will only be made in items which are extremely popular and worth creating dupes. Let's be honest here, a Hikvision camera ain't no apple watch in terms of appeal to the masses.