Export configuration file

dryfly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am trying store config files on all my cameras in case there is a glitch. It appears accessing the cameras via the web browser, then advanced configuration>maintenance offers both export and import options. However, when I click on "export" nothing happens. No path or opportunity to name file. Same on import, no ability to browse for files.

Also, In Blue Iris under camera properties>general there are export import options. Would it be best to establish backup files of the cameras under the web browser or Blue Iris? Or BOTH?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am trying store config files on all my cameras in case there is a glitch. It appears accessing the cameras via the web browser, then advanced configuration>maintenance offers both export and import options. However, when I click on "export" nothing happens. No path or opportunity to name file. Same on import, no ability to browse for files.

Also, In Blue Iris under camera properties>general there are export import options. Would it be best to establish backup files of the cameras under the web browser or Blue Iris? Or BOTH?
Blue iris export function will save blue iris settings, not the cameras internal settings.

dryfly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Blue iris export function will save blue iris settings, not the cameras internal settings.
That makes sense. Well then, see my OP regarding the internal settings. Am I going about this the right way? If so wonder why I can't get an export to work when viewing through the web browser??

This backup of the internal settings is probably not a big deal unless the camera is reset. I need to reinstall win 7 and BI so I assume the cameras are not going to loose their settings. Right?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That makes sense. Well then, see my OP regarding the internal settings. Am I going about this the right way? If so wonder why I can't get an export to work when viewing through the web browser??

This backup of the internal settings is probably not a big deal unless the camera is reset. I need to reinstall win 7 and BI so I assume the cameras are not going to loose their settings. Right?
You wont lose your cameras settings unless you reset the actual camera. For BI simply export all settings in the about tab

dryfly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You wont lose your cameras settings unless you reset the actual camera. For BI simply export all settings in the about tab
OK thanks. I'd still be interested in knowing why I can't export the settings on the camera.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd still be interested in knowing why I can't export the settings on the camera.
Which web browser / which camera / which firmware ?
I just tried a 2432 with 5.2.5 FW and Chrome Version 50.0.2661.102 and it does nothing (but no plug-in loaded)
IE11 with the same camera works OK, even with webcomponents disabled.

dryfly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK got it to work. Using Firefox 45.0.1 and found that webcomponents must be loaded to enable Live View before export will work. I don't understand this operation but since it allowed me to export config file I'll just live with it. Thanks for the help.