Export Function

ldasilva

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
a 2tb drive costs $60~ to

lusk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
why in the world do you need 22 months of retention? 1 month is more than adequate...
I am afraid there is no way that one month would be adequate for my needs. I have experienced issues whereby something has happened with a tradesman and regrettably, footage has identified the actual sequence of events. Imagine shelling out all that money on a system only to find that what you want to view happened 31 days ago!!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am afraid there is no way that one month would be adequate for my needs. I have experienced issues whereby something has happened with a tradesman and regrettably, footage has identified the actual sequence of events. Imagine shelling out all that money on a system only to find that what you want to view happened 31 days ago!!
What kind of incident? you dont inspect work for 30 days?
this is not making sense...
how about 2 or 3 months..but 22 months? really..what if you dont notice until 24 months? you can go on forever with that type of logic.

lusk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What kind of incident? you dont inspect work for 30 days?
this is not making sense...
how about 2 or 3 months..but 22 months? really..what if you dont notice until 24 months? you can go on forever with that type of logic.
I've been caught out, many years ago now, by not keeping hold of data hence why I keep hold of stuff; emails etc, etc etc. Each to their own, I guess!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been caught out, many years ago now, by not keeping hold of data hence why I keep hold of stuff; emails etc, etc etc. Each to their own, I guess!
big difference, its cheap to keep that other data....go for another 20tb, that way you have almost 4 years.