EZVIZ camera goes off line

iakov

n3wb
Reaction score
I hope this is correct forum as EZVIZ as far as I know made by Hikvision.

I have two identical EZVIZ dome cameras, both connected by ethernet cable, both have micro SD card for local recording.
However, one camera started to go offline, interestingly, it shows offline for cloud monitoring only, if I view it on local LAN (there's an option to do so in EZVIZ app) I can actually see image no problem, but as soon as try to connect to it via cloud, app tells me that camera is offline.
First time it happened, I powered it down, no help, reset it with reset button, no help, then after a while I tried to add camera one more time and I was able to.
So, I figured some kind of glitch somewhere in the cloud, but why only one camera? Hmmm.
Then about a week later, same thing, camera is offline, I reset just power and connectivity is back, however, just before camera went offline it recorded series of clips due to motion detection that look like this :

EZVIZ tech support have been of no help trying to tell me there's a problem with router, WiFi and nothing to do with cloud or camera itself.

I am wondering if anyone has any clue what is happening.
Thanks in advance.

iakov

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply, are you saying this is the result of a hack?

iakov

n3wb
Reaction score
I kind of figured as much, just need to get EZVIZ to realize this and issue RMA I would think
Thanks

iakov

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, just called EZVIZ, they recommended as a troubleshooting step to swap power supplies between cameras and monitor situation. I think it's a reasonable step to figure out where the problem originates.

StevieD

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi. Was your problem solved? My ezviz cam has suddenly gone offline too. I've tried to reconnect it but not having any joy at all.
Cheers. S.

iakov

n3wb
Reaction score
I ended up returning it and getting it replaced, mine was still under warranty.

StevieD

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeh mine is too. Got a new one coming today. Did your replacement work straight away?