Ezviz Disables RTPS for its IP Cameras, Here is the fix!

JohnnyCage

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't know if you guys are aware, but Ezviz is turning off RTSP for its IP cameras in its 2023 firmware.

Fix #1
In some cameras it can still be turned on via the Ezviz Android/iOS app (Settings > LAN Live View > Start scanning > Camera > Settings > Local Service Settings > Enable RTSP).

This RTSP settings doesn't appear for all Ezviz cameras but just some.

Fix #2
Some people claim that using "Advanced setting" in Ezviz PC Studio fixed RTSP for them.

1) Install Ezviz PC Studio, go to the root directory of Ezviz Studio in your PC and find the folder named "config".
2) Copy the file named "AppConfig.ini" in the folder of "config" to desktop. Open "AppConfig.ini" in desktop.
3) Add the following command which highlighted in yellow in "AppConfig.ini" and save before exiting:

[LocalOperation]
Show=1

4) Copy the "AppConfig.ini" file in desktop to folder of "config" and overlay the old one. Refresh the device page in EZVIZ Studio or reopen the Studio, then you will see the "Advanced" under "All my devices", press on it and enter verification code.

Fix #3
For some cameras like the C3A, nothing will work and you must downgrade firmware, that's how to do it:

Install Ezviz Studio and enable advance settings as described above.

In advanced settings, look for "Device type" and try to obtain an older version, you can try searching by the following URL prefix.

For example:

In Ezviz Studio, advanced settings, under System Maintenance, there is an option to flash the .dav from a PC.

dimadusk

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't know if you guys are aware, but Ezviz is turning off RTSP for its IP cameras in its 2023 firmware.

Fix #1
In some cameras it can still be turned on via the Ezviz Android/iOS app (Settings > LAN Live View > Start scanning > Camera > Settings > Local Service Settings > Enable RTSP).

This RTSP settings doesn't appear for all Ezviz cameras but just some.

Fix #2
Some people claim that using "Advanced setting" in Ezviz PC Studio fixed RTSP for them.

1) Install Ezviz PC Studio, go to the root directory of Ezviz Studio in your PC and find the folder named "config".
2) Copy the file named "AppConfig.ini" in the folder of "config" to desktop. Open "AppConfig.ini" in desktop.
3) Add the following command which highlighted in yellow in "AppConfig.ini" and save before exiting:

[LocalOperation]
Show=1

4) Copy the "AppConfig.ini" file in desktop to folder of "config" and overlay the old one. Refresh the device page in EZVIZ Studio or reopen the Studio, then you will see the "Advanced" under "All my devices", press on it and enter verification code.

Fix #3
For some cameras like the C3A, nothing will work and you must downgrade firmware, that's how to do it:

Install Ezviz Studio and enable advance settings as described above.

In advanced settings, look for "Device type" and try to obtain an older version, you can try searching by the following URL prefix.

For example:

In Ezviz Studio, advanced settings, under System Maintenance, there is an option to flash the .dav from a PC.
Many thanks. Worked like a charm on C3A, but tried same thing with BC2 and it didn't find a firmware file unfortunately.

ginevra

n3wb
Reaction score
Ezviz is starting to give less and less, I’ll never update again. I tried to do the described operation and everything went well on C3A. Now I can stream from rtsp protocoll. I am trying to do the same thing on other ezviz cameras, beacause after a reset I cannot change the password default of admin user and this is absolutely unacceptable. I found another interesting link that I want to share with you
This is a firmware form CS2 mini indoor ip cam ezviz
I try to remove from url /2.0/ ;)
ES:
https://usdownload.ezvizlife.com/device/Enter-Device-Type/Enter-Device-Type.dav
It works! Now I can change admin default password
Happy dowgrade!

frost

n3wb
Reaction score
Ezviz is starting to give less and less, I’ll never update again. I tried to do the described operation and everything went well on C3A. Now I can stream from rtsp protocoll. I am trying to do the same thing on other ezviz cameras, beacause after a reset I cannot change the password default of admin user and this is absolutely unacceptable. I found another interesting link that I want to share with you
This is a firmware form CS2 mini indoor ip cam ezviz
I try to remove from url /2.0/ ;)
ES:
https://usdownload.ezvizlife.com/device/Enter-Device-Type/Enter-Device-Type.dav
It works! Now I can change admin default password
Happy dowgrade!
This worked perfectly, and ONVIF is enabled again. Thank you!

rezzalex

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello.
I successfully revert to the (immediate?) Old firmware for my C3A cam, now 5.2.4 build 211115.
But still, no RTSP.
The other is still on the latest, no RTSP as well ... :-(
Unless someone have an older firmware, I am waiting for EZVIZ to send me one with RTSP open....

LoinKing

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have Ezviz h8C 2K camera. Added it to Hikvision NVR but I'm only able to see substream, full-screen/main stream in NVR shows as blank. However, on Ezviz Studio/App, it shows Full resolution view perfectly fine. Is this related to firmware rtsp update or some other issue?

ginevra

n3wb
Reaction score
I have Ezviz h8C 2K camera. Added it to Hikvision NVR but I'm only able to see substream, full-screen/main stream in NVR shows as blank. However, on Ezviz Studio/App, it shows Full resolution view perfectly fine. Is this related to firmware rtsp update or some other issue?
I think you use ivms-4200 ikvision app to manage the NVR. If not try this:
On iVMS app you must select the main stream profile in the image>video/audio settings of camera. Then you must set the main stream profile on encoding channel setting.

LoinKing

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
On iVMS app you must select the main stream profile in the image>video/audio settings of camera. Then you must set the main stream profile on encoding channel setting.
I'm using Web GUI, already set the mainstream in Video/Audio settings. Where is the second option?

LoinKing

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
FIXED

In Ezviz app. Go to Settings page for the camera. Privacy Settings -> Video Encryption. Disable it. Then reboot camera and NVR.

n13ldo

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't suppose anyone has a previous DAV version for Ezviz C1C-B? The only DAV I can find on the download link is in the '/2.0/' folder.

I can't bear the fact I can't change the default admin password on these. Sent an email to Ezviz support saying these cameras are going back to A*os if I can't change said password.

pegaso

n3wb
Reaction score

Hello,
I downloaded this .dav but when from Ezviz Stdio PC I start the update it says "Update failed".
Are there any other .dav's I can try to do the downground?

Thanks for the help, I have been looking for months for the files to downground my C3A.

P.S.
In the meantime, I found another guide similar to the one here in the first post but using the Android/IOS app and one point it says:
"Go to LAN Live View and start scan. Your cameras will show--eventually in you are on the same LAN. I kept dragging the screen down to refresh. (don't use the Search button... IOS bring up number keypad and there is no way to type the IP address)."
Following the suggestion to keep refreshing the page and not use the "search" button I eventually managed to find C3A and clicking it brought up a screen called AP OPERATING MODE (not what that means) but there is no option to enable RTSP.

Last edited:

ginevra

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I downloaded this .dav but when from Ezviz Stdio PC I start the update it says "Update failed".
Are there any other .dav's I can try to do the downground?

Thanks for the help, I have been looking for months for the files to downground my C3A.

P.S.
In the meantime, I found another guide similar to the one here in the first post but using the Android/IOS app and one point it says:
"Go to LAN Live View and start scan. Your cameras will show--eventually in you are on the same LAN. I kept dragging the screen down to refresh. (don't use the Search button... IOS bring up number keypad and there is no way to type the IP address)."
Following the suggestion to keep refreshing the page and not use the "search" button I eventually managed to find C3A and clicking it brought up a screen called AP OPERATING MODE (not what that means) but there is no option to enable RTSP.
Hi, To enable RTSP first you can try to enable it from ezviz app (pc or smartphone) or hikvision app ( iVMS-4200) . If this option is not available you must downgrade the firmware. I hope this is useful for you

pegaso

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, To enable RTSP first you can try to enable it from ezviz app (pc or smartphone) or hikvision app ( iVMS-4200) . If this option is not available you must downgrade the firmware. I hope this is useful for you
Hello,
yes I was able to find the .dav that is good for my camera to do the downground.
I am attaching it in case anyone needs it.

Attachments

Reaction score
Hello,
I have tried this firmware and was able to upgrade with it via Ezviz Studio , but it still does not have the RTSP funcionality available.
Does anyone know a repository where we can find oldest firwmares for C3A?
Or does anyone have an older firmware to share?
Thank you!

EDIT: After some time my C3A has RTSP again!! :D I had to power off the camera completely (removed the battery).
The version installed is 5.2.4 build 200812
Let's see for how long it will work.

Last edited:

pegaso

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
does anyone know where I can do the firmware download of the C3TN-A0-1H3WKFL camcorder to do the downground?
Currently the app. tells me that I have v5.3.5 build 230703 installed but I would be interested in going back to a few years ago when you were free to change the settings as you wanted and not with all the blocks that Ezviz has now put.
Thank you.

riki077

n3wb
Reaction score
Salve, ho fatto il downgrade della mia c3a alla versione 5.2.4 build 200812 ma entro nelle live e vedo solo la modalità ap e non rtsp, qualcuno sa come risolvere?

johnfitz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
^^^^^

Hi, I downgraded my c3a to version 5.2.4 build 200812 but I go into live and I only see the ap mode and not rtsp, does anyone know how to resolve this?