EZVIZ Husky and Blue Iris

powrslave

n3wb
Reaction score
How to connect?

I have the default verification code from the sticker.
Blue Iris wants a login and password.
What to do?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
How to connect?

What to do?
those cameras are not onvif compliant nor do they support streaming over rtsp..they are not compatible with any third party software. Return that garbage.

swole

n3wb
Reaction score
A 1080P HD POE and wireless camera with SD storage onboard up to 128GB - EZVIZ Husky Outdoor HD 1080p PoE & Wi-Fi Wireless Video Security Bullet Camera :
I have got this Camera to work with ZoneMinder while disabling Encrypted Video via the ezviz App and using an RTP/RTSP URL PATH like below: This Camera also can work with Alexa Show and or FireTV/IFTTT which is a plus.

rtsp:/admin:Security_code_under_Camera@IP_of_Camera:554

Example: Username will be "admin". This is the only user on the device. Password will be Security code Physically written under Camera. Your Cam IP Address: 192.168.X.X RTP Port: 554

rtsp:/admin:QXXXXX@192.168.X.X:554

You could probably also set it up with the Windows DVR Software called Blue Iris, I have not tried this yet but will soon to see if that works over the above rtsp URL as well. I was also able to see the feed in VLC using the RTSP URL.

Good Idea to have a router that can associate a MAC Address to a static DHCP IP Address since this Camera seems to only pull DHCP as a client with no way to set the IP on the Device itself.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

swole

n3wb
Reaction score
those cameras are not onvif compliant nor do they support streaming over rtsp..they are not compatible with any third party software. Return that garbage.
I have got this Camera to work with ZoneMinder while disabling Encrypted Video via the ezviz App and using an RTP/RTSP URL PATH like below:
This Camera also can work with Alexa Show and or FireTV/IFTTT which is a plus.

rtsp:/admin:Security_code_under_Camera@IP_of_Camera:554

Example: Username will be "admin". This is the only user on the device. Password will be Security code Physically written under Camera. Your Cam IP Address: 192.168.X.X RTP Port: 554

rtsp:/admin:QXXXXX@192.168.X.X:554

You could probably also set it up with the Windows DVR Software called Blue Iris, I have not tried this yet but will soon to see if that works over the above rtsp URL as well. I was also able to see the feed in VLC using the RTSP URL.

Good Idea to have a router that can associate a MAC Address to a static DHCP IP Address since this Camera seems to only pull DHCP as a client with no way to set the IP on the Device itself.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have got this Camera to work with ZoneMinder while disabling Encrypted Video via the ezviz App and using an RTP/RTSP URL PATH like below:
This Camera also can work with Alexa Show and or FireTV/IFTTT which is a plus.

rtsp://admin:Security_code_under_Camera@IP_of_Camera:554

rtsp://admin:QXXXXX@192.168.X.X:554

The camera is garbage regardless.... There are much better value at that price point... No use in wasting time messing with it...

swole

n3wb
Reaction score
The camera is garbage regardless.... There are much better value at that price point... No use in wasting time messing with it...
What do you suggest as a better value at that price point for the functionality of Using with Alexa? I'm interested.

dglenniu

n3wb
Reaction score
A 1080P HD POE and wireless camera with SD storage onboard up to 128GB - EZVIZ Husky Outdoor HD 1080p PoE & Wi-Fi Wireless Video Security Bullet Camera : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KWH1XUQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have got this Camera to work with ZoneMinder while disabling Encrypted Video via the ezviz App and using an RTP/RTSP URL PATH like below: This Camera also can work with Alexa Show and or FireTV/IFTTT which is a plus.

rtsp://admin:Security_code_under_Camera@IP_of_Camera:554

rtsp://admin:QXXXXX@192.168.X.X:554

Did you figure out how to add these to Blue Iris? I got one to install about a year ago when i was testing. Now I can't figure it out, nor am I able to find the IP of the cameras. They are installed and working as I am able to view live with EZ app. Thank you

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

dglenniu

n3wb
Reaction score
You can't this cam doesn't support what is needed for
Figured it out. My hold up was getting the correct IP address. I'm running two networks and didn't realize which one I installed them on. Would have saved me hours.

Reaction score
I have the same problem to add this camera (Ezviz Husky Air - CS-CV310-A0-....) to synology surveillance station.
With the RTSP protocol i'm able to receive video feed in VLC Media, but I'm not able to add it to surveillance station.

The same adress does not work in surveillance station.
The rtsp adress below I use is requesting a "video_path".

rtsp:/admin:Security_code_under_Camera@IP_of_Camera:554/video_path

Any body have an idea what this should be?

Reaction score
ONVIF Device Manager does not find the camera/feed.
So I assume it is not ONVIF compatible but thanks for the tip.

Any other suggestions? I'm desperate :)

GussDavey

n3wb
Reaction score
How to connect?

What to do?
Easy...……..

BlueIrisConnectionToEzvizHuskyAir.jpg

1. The IP address
    On my router's DNS settings, I have reserved the IP with the camera's mac address. So now it will never change.
    I use Advance IP Scanner (freeware) to get the MAC address
    Make sure you get the IP right, for some reason my Advanced IP scanner still reported another IP (I think the one before I did the DNS reservation to MAC... even after camera and router restart.... just trust the IP you have reserved on your router for that MAC.
    One of my other camera also get like 2 IP addressed assigned, but just the one works on the blue iris setting (maybe some other internal device in camera that also askes for IP)
  2. The username for these cameras is "admin"
  3. The password you get from the little sticker with the QR code on. Its called Verification Code.
    Its super small print, and if you old like me and the vision is like 10/20, use your phones camera, and zoom in :)
    Write it down, as over time the ink may fade (here in South Africa, it will get STOLEN, before the ink fades)
  4. Make: Generic/ONVIF
  5. Model: RTSP H.264/H265/MJPG/MPEG4
  6. RTSP port: 554
  7. Path: /h264_stream
  8. The rest, I think all defaults
    Although I did fiddle around, so just check the screenshot above.
Yip, as said by others, cheap China camera, but if you stay in a crime infected country, security camera are like a consumable. I rather have the <$100 camera stolen, than the >$300 one.

I have 2 other outdoor camera, both 3 x the price, and this one works as good for my intended use of the cameras.
This el-cheapo, is just watching a pedestrian gate to my wife's home studio, so that she can buzz the gate open for her guest. It does the job!

GussDavey

n3wb
Reaction score
it still doesn't work in synology surveillance station....:facepalm:
Sorry to hear... I do not have a synology surveillance station to try and figure it out.
What I can tell you was that the path setting "/h264_stream " was the one that threw me out the most on the Blue Iris default (except now for username and password).
Good luck with that.

knotpc

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the same problem to add this camera (Ezviz Husky Air - CS-CV310-A0-....) to synology surveillance station.
With the RTSP protocol i'm able to receive video feed in VLC Media, but I'm not able to add it to surveillance station.

The same adress does not work in surveillance station.
The rtsp adress below I use is requesting a "video_path".

rtsp:/admin:Security_code_under_Camera@IP_of_Camera:554/video_path

Any body have an idea what this should be?
To get EZVIZ NVR to work with Blue Iris use the following.

rtsp:/admin:QRCODEPASSWORDFROMNVR@NVRIPADDRESS:554/Streaming/Channels/101/ Camera 1 stream 1
rtsp:/admin:QRCODEPASSWORDFROMNVR@NVRIPADDRESS:554/Streaming/Channels/201/ Camera 2 stream 1
rtsp:/admin:QRCODEPASSWORDFROMNVR@NVRIPADDRESS:554/Streaming/Channels/301/ Camera 3 stream 1
rtsp:/admin:QRCODEPASSWORDFROMNVR@NVRIPADDRESS:554/Streaming/Channels/401/ Camera 4 Stream 1

You do need to make sure that encryption is turned off. After you make these changes and verify it works you can disable EZVIZ cloud access altogether. I have this setup working on Blue Iris and Homeseer.

Hope this helps.

Esisaac

n3wb
Reaction score
Gracias por la info. Funciona con mi synology

It is working in my synology
see the photo for config
rtsp:/admin:XXXXXXVERIFICATION.CODE@IPCAM:554/video_path

Attachments

Last edited: