Failed to find network host **HELP**

hval007

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Recently, my dahua NVR is displaying errors almost on a daily basis with "Failed to find network host" (see attached pic)

Model of Dahua PoE NVR - DHI-NVR5216/32-16P-4KS2E and it has a few different models of dahua cameras attached - all purchased from Andy and have been working fine until recently (no changes that I can think of that could have led to this).

Troubleshooting:
  1. Scouring the forums I haven't been able to find a reasonable solution, daily restart of the NVR clears the issue and all cameras are detected right after system boots up.
  2. Looking at the logs I wasn't able to find anything particular (outside of the normal login/logout/restart) but that could just be that the logs weren't turned up to the correct level.
  3. I attempted to go through all settings to ensure there wasnt anything that could catch my eye ie. bandwidth, quality, IP config etc
  4. The NVR has a static IP on the network as 192.168.1.108
  5. I have updated the NVR to latest firmware
  6. NVR is for 16 PoE cameras, I only have 6 cameras running at this stage (will be buying more later) so PoE power draw is not an issue

Short of resetting the NVR back to factory settings I cant think of anything else....happy to take any advice

Attachments

Last edited:

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi,

Are all cameras powered by the POE-ports on the NVR?
If yes, I would test to disconnect at least one camera and power it by a POE-switch to offload the NVR a bit.
If it's a overloaded / faulty power supply you would then still be able to see the camera powered by the POE-Switch.

Have you checked the POE settings in the settings, all look good with reasonable consumptions?

Edit: I recommend you to change the IP of the NVR as that's the default IP for all Dahua devices. If you add a new device to your LAN this will cause an IP-conflict and unnecessary head scratching.

hval007

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Are all cameras powered by the POE-ports on the NVR?
If yes, I would test to disconnect at least one camera and power it by a POE-switch to offload the NVR a bit.
If it's a overloaded / faulty power supply you would then still be able to see the camera powered by the POE-Switch.

Have you checked the POE settings in the settings, all look good with reasonable consumptions?

Edit: I recommend you to change the IP of the NVR as that's the default IP for all Dahua devices. If you add a new device to your LAN this will cause an IP-conflict and unnecessary head scratching.
I should have mentioned the NVR is for 16 PoE cameras, I only have 6 cameras running at this stage (will be buying more later).

Checking the PoE consumption its still in the green.

Will edit my post to include this :p

dh777

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there! Did you manage to find a solution to that issue? I started facing the same after three months of my setup working just fine. Tried to remove the cameras and add again but now my NVR is not detecting these two that I removed and I feel dumb honestly.. EDIT: I managed to add them with the same IP address that was originally assigned to them but still getting the same error message "failed to find network host".

Last edited: