Fast wired Wifi cam with AI recommendation

Yoshikawa

n3wb
Jul 5, 2021
Australia
Hi all looking for a recommendation with the following in Australia

wifi (there is no way for poe unfortunately)

Powered not battery

AI detection that is good and fast (lots of false positive on last cam)

Compatibility with alexa

Quick app that opens the live feed fast

2way speaker

Local storage on cam SD or fttp

Would be good if not cloud dependent

I've seen the specs of the reolink 511wa and seems to check most of the boxes. Any thoughts? Thanks

Reolink is pure crap. It does not work worth a damn at night. Do a search on reolink on this forum, there are 100's of post about how bad it is.
Any wifi camera can be jammed, Wifi is ok ofr looking at the deer in the back yard but not for security and surveillance. Any camera can be made a wifi camera , add an access point.

Deconstruction of a dangerous misleading youtube review "Finding the BEST 4K Security Camera NVR Package (Reolink vs Amcrest vs Swann)"

look at some of these,
IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED . Review IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED (Full Color, Starlight+) - 4MP starlight
.................... Dahua IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED review
IPC-T5442TM-AS ..... Review-OEM 4mp AI Cam IPC-T5442TM-AS Starlight+ - 4MP starlight+
IPC-HDW5442t-ZE .... Dahua IPC-HDW5442T-ZE 4MP Varifocal Turret - Night Perfomance testing -- variable focus 2.7 mm-12mm 4 MP Starlight
IPC-B5442E-ZE ...... Review - OEM IPC-B5442E-ZE 4MP AI Varifocal Bullet Camera With Starlight+ -- variable 2.7mm-12mm bullet
IPC-B5442E-Z4E .... bullet 8mm-32mm variable focus zoom 4MP
IPC-HFW7442H-Z ..... Review - Dahua IPC-HFW7442H-Z 4MP Ultra AI Varifocal Bullet Camera -- 4 MP variable focus AI
IPC-T2347G-LU ...... Review of the Hikvision OEM model IPC-T2347G-LU 'ColorVu' IP CCTV camera. (DS-2CD2347G1-LU)
IPC-HDW2231R-ZS .... Review-Dahua IPC-HDW2231RP-ZS Starlight Camera-Varifocal
IPC-HDW2231T-ZS-S2 . Review-OEM IPC-T2231T-ZS Ver 2, 2mp Varifocal Starlight Camera
IPC-HDW5231R-ZE .... Review-Dahua Starlight IPC-HDW5231R-ZE 800 meter capable ePOE
IPC-HFW4239T-ASE ... IPC-HFW4239T-ASE
IPCT-HDW5431RE-I ... Review - IP Cam Talk 4 MP IR Fixed Turret Network Camera
IPC-T5241H-AS-PV ... Review-OEM IPC-T5241H-AS-PV 2mp AI active deterrence cam
IPC-T3241-ZAS ...... Review-OEM IPC-T3241-ZAS 2mp AI Lite series Varifocal -- 2mp AI Lite series Varifocal
IPC-HFW2831T-ZS ... Review-Dahua IPC-HFW2831T-ZS 8MP WDR IR Bullet Network Camera -- 8MP Bullet 1/1.8” sensor variable focus.
DS-2CD2325FWD-I
N22AL12 ............ New Dahua N22AL12 Budget Cam w/Starlight -- low cost entry
IPC-T2347G-LU....... Review-Loryta OEM 4MP IPC-T2347G-LU ColorVu Fixed Turret Network 4mm lens & Junction Box -- 4MP ColorVu
.................... Review of the Hikvision OEM model IPC-T2347G-LU 'ColorVu' IP CCTV camera.

Last edited:
Reolink is pure crap. It does not work worth a damn at night. Do a search on reolink on this forum, there are 100's of post about how bad it is.
Any wifi camera can be jammed, Wifi is ok ofr looking at the deer in the back yard but not for security and surveillance. Any camera can be made a wifi camera , add an access point.

Deconstruction of a dangerous misleading youtube review "Finding the BEST 4K Security Camera NVR Package (Reolink vs Amcrest vs Swann)"

look at some of these,
IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED . Review IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED (Full Color, Starlight+) - 4MP starlight
.................... Dahua IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED review
IPC-T5442TM-AS ..... Review-OEM 4mp AI Cam IPC-T5442TM-AS Starlight+ - 4MP starlight+
IPC-HDW5442t-ZE .... Dahua IPC-HDW5442T-ZE 4MP Varifocal Turret - Night Perfomance testing -- variable focus 2.7 mm-12mm 4 MP Starlight
IPC-B5442E-ZE ...... Review - OEM IPC-B5442E-ZE 4MP AI Varifocal Bullet Camera With Starlight+ -- variable 2.7mm-12mm bullet
IPC-B5442E-Z4E .... bullet 8mm-32mm variable focus zoom 4MP
IPC-HFW7442H-Z ..... Review - Dahua IPC-HFW7442H-Z 4MP Ultra AI Varifocal Bullet Camera -- 4 MP variable focus AI
IPC-T2347G-LU ...... Review of the Hikvision OEM model IPC-T2347G-LU 'ColorVu' IP CCTV camera. (DS-2CD2347G1-LU)
IPC-HDW2231R-ZS .... Review-Dahua IPC-HDW2231RP-ZS Starlight Camera-Varifocal
IPC-HDW2231T-ZS-S2 . Review-OEM IPC-T2231T-ZS Ver 2, 2mp Varifocal Starlight Camera
IPC-HDW5231R-ZE .... Review-Dahua Starlight IPC-HDW5231R-ZE 800 meter capable ePOE
IPC-HFW4239T-ASE ... IPC-HFW4239T-ASE
IPCT-HDW5431RE-I ... Review - IP Cam Talk 4 MP IR Fixed Turret Network Camera
IPC-T5241H-AS-PV ... Review-OEM IPC-T5241H-AS-PV 2mp AI active deterrence cam
IPC-T3241-ZAS ...... Review-OEM IPC-T3241-ZAS 2mp AI Lite series Varifocal -- 2mp AI Lite series Varifocal
IPC-HFW2831T-ZS ... Review-Dahua IPC-HFW2831T-ZS 8MP WDR IR Bullet Network Camera -- 8MP Bullet 1/1.8” sensor variable focus.
DS-2CD2325FWD-I
N22AL12 ............ New Dahua N22AL12 Budget Cam w/Starlight -- low cost entry
IPC-T2347G-LU....... Review-Loryta OEM 4MP IPC-T2347G-LU ColorVu Fixed Turret Network 4mm lens & Junction Box -- 4MP ColorVu
.................... Review of the Hikvision OEM model IPC-T2347G-LU 'ColorVu' IP CCTV camera.

Thanks looks like alot of those aren't wifi. I found the 1A404XB-GNR-W 4M 4x Starlight IR WIFI PTZ AI Network Camera

Any thoughts? Also what app would alerts you phone for this? Thanks

How are you going to power it? You can use a powerline adapter to run internet across the electric wires or a dedicated nanostation for wifi.

A wifi camera that meets your demands does not exist, so either powerline adapter it or take a POE camera and nanostation it.

How are you going to power it? You can use a powerline adapter to run internet across the electric wires or a dedicated nanostation for wifi.

A wifi camera that you want does not exist.
I have power from old lights in the place I want to put these cameras so I have power in the spots but it's impossible to run any other cable to the spots unfortunately

That is what the powerline adapter does - you plug one end there with an ethernet cable from the unit to the camera and then plug the other end where the router is and run an ethernet cable from the unit to the router and it runs the internet over the electric wire you have there...

I have used one for years in a tough to get place that was easier to do this than run an ethernet cord.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
That is what the powerline adapter does - you plug one end there with an ethernet cable from the unit to the camera and then plug the other end where the router is and run an ethernet cable from the unit to the router and it runs the internet over the electric wire you have there...

I have used one for years in a tough to get place that was easier to do this than run an ethernet cord.

I thought that powerline could only do one spot? So I could I run 3 spots?

Also what app could notify you of AI detection on android and alexa. Not looking for anything to complicated but something quick

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Yep. It is just IP addresses coming from the cameras. I have had 4 different ones going at one time and have slowly ran POE to 3 of them.

The app comes down to the camera you purchase and the app that is associated with it unless you go with an NVR or Blue Iris/PC combo.

If you purchase the cams above without using an NVR, it would be Gdmss or any almost any other IP camera app on the playstore.

Be careful with your intention to use lighting power for purposes other than lighting. The legalities regarding "mixed circuits" require interpretation taking into account the specific context.

I expect that if you are not familiar with Australian Standards, your installation will be illegal. This is perhaps fine... until something goes wrong.

Be careful, or just pull some CAT cable instead.

Cheers, Steve

you may consider the low cost Imou turrent or Cruiser (PT).
Hi all looking for a recommendation with the following in Australia

wifi (there is no way for poe unfortunately)

Powered not battery

AI detection that is good and fast (lots of false positive on last cam)

Compatibility with alexa

Quick app that opens the live feed fast

2way speaker

Local storage on cam SD or fttp

Would be good if not cloud dependent

I've seen the specs of the reolink 511wa and seems to check most of the boxes. Any thoughts? Thanks

you may consider the low cost Imou Turret or Cruiser (PT). Everything you ask for, wifi/eth (no poe), alexa, cloud dependent, but also onvif and dmss (dahua). The AI detection is not that good, while the auto-tracking (PT) is worse. But, you get what you pay.

Last edited:

you may consider the low cost Imou turrent or Cruiser (PT).

you may consider the low cost Imou Turret or Cruiser (PT). Everything you ask for, wifi/eth (no poe), alexa, cloud dependent, but also onvif and dmss (dahua). The AI detection is not that good, while the auto-tracking (PT) is worse. But, you get what you pay.
Happy to pay more for a stand alone camera that has person detection with fast app. Don't really want to set up a nvr. That's why I was looking at reolink coz it advertised all that but yeah maybe not after looking at reviews on here